The Aftermath - Part Two

I walk out of the bathroom in a pair of shorts and a loose tank top after washing off the blood of my latest victim. After feeding last night, I had gone back to the hotel and fallen asleep without cleaning up. Too much alcohol and too much blood made me sleepy. My latest victim had struggled a lot, making it messier and more painful for him. It didn’t really matter to me what he did because I was still getting what I needed. As I’m drying my hair, the door handle rattles roughly and I hear a clicking sound just before the door swings open to reveal my baby brother, Kol Mikaelson.

Kol strolls into my room as if he owns the place. His brown hair is styled so that the front is pushed up, opening up his mischievous face. His brown eyes twinkle as he takes in my appearance.

“Do you mind, Kol?” I ask, slightly annoyed. “Do you know what privacy is?”

“You should have thought about that before you gave me a card key to your room,” he smirks, flopping down on the couch and switching on the television set. “Did you know they found the bodies already?”

I glance up at the television screen. The reporter is at the building where we dumped the bodies of Mark and Donna. Kol and I thought the building was abandoned but apparently not. Oops. Guess we were too wasted to determine things clearly.

“We’ve ravaged New York City and killed at least twenty people since we’ve been here in the last three days,” I say. “Do you think it’s time to leave before they call in the feds and make this a serial killer case?”

Kol shrugs. “We’ve partied for three nights straight and to be honest, I’m growing rather bored. Parties in the eighteenth century were much better.”

“Ah Kol, you missed out on the twenties,” I say. “Those were definitely the best days. The alcohol was the wonderful and festivities were splendid!”

He rolls his eyes as me. “You should have undaggered me then. You know I would have loved a good party.”

I shrug. “Klaus didn’t tell me where he hid the coffins.”

“If you wanted to find me, you would have,” he states in a bored tone.

I shrug again. “Well I guess I didn’t really want to.”

Kol throws a pillow at my head but I dodge it.

“I’ll go book our flight to Brazil now,” I say walking back into my room.

“Please put on some proper clothing as well,” says Kol. “You’re looking rather scanty, dear sister.”

I roll my eyes. “Kol, this is normal and believe me, you have not seen what other women are wearing these days.”

I head back into my room and pull out my laptop, one of the few possessions I took with me from Mystic Falls. I log onto a website and book the first tickets I could find out of New York City to Brazil and charge it on Klaus’ credit card. Then I save the confirmation page and tickets onto my flash drive and decide to change before I head downstairs to have my stuff printed in the lobby.

I pull on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and match it with white tank top and grey cardigan. I pull on my signature black combat boots before I head back into the living room to see Kol still lounging on the sofa.

“You realize you have your own room across the hall with your own television, right?” I ask him.

“What’s your point?”

I shake my head. “I bought our plane tickets and I’m just going to go print them downstairs. Don’t trash the room.”

I leave and quickly head downstairs to the lobby, compelling the manager to print off my plane tickets for me. While I’m at it, I have them give us our hotel rooms for free. Then I head back upstairs to Kol.