23. [Comeback Season]

Start from the beginning

"Bye Aug" I waved ending our call. I stood in my full length mirror stepping into my shoes checking myself out. August was right, I couldn't pout all night I was too pretty right now for all that. I grabbed my clutch and keys going out the door. "Aye sis I heard you need a date" Trav was getting out his car. "Yeah, but I don't know if you look good enough let me check you out" I walked down the stairs. "Who me, shit" Trav came walking towards me. "Okay, okay I see you. I think you got it" I tossed him the keys to my car.

"Nigga look that good he get to drive" Trav held his chest "Nah I just look too good to drive" I laughed as he opened my door. "So the DJ gone be late, I'a be on the turn table til he get thea'" Trav told me

"You, Djing?" I shook my head. "This is about to be a long night" I let my seat back "Girl hush I saved you twice, I'm your date and your DJ" Trav laughed "I guess, I owe you one well two" I held my phone up snapping a picture of Trav.

Bro @TLabranch saved me twice today. Pull up to my party scene. I captioned it before posting.

A snapped a couple selfies of myself on the way there. Once we got there all my main help was there. It was really nothing for us to do for the next half hour. "Bae did you call Em" Liv came out the back dressed in all white.

"Look at you beautiful, what you need to tell me though" I asked her "Ally sick, she won't be here. She told me she was going to the hospital" She informed me "Aww maybe we can go visit her tomorrow"

"Yeah, take her some" Greg agreed. We all looked nice, we were killing the scene. "Emmy" Mel walked on the door. "I thought you were going to stay in Chicago on me" I nudged him "Hell nah, I came down hea'. This might be my last semester up thea' anyway the coach on dummy" He shook his head

"Well that's good that mean I could come to your games often" I smiled. "Yo get me and extension cord" Trav yelled out as he set up the DJ booth. "Lord be with him" I shook my head going to my office grabbing a chord for him. My phone buzzed on the desk it was Tel.

Telly: Bae, I'm not gone make it. Gram not feeling too good she might have to be in he hospital for the next two days.

Blowing my breath I didn't even respond, Trav was my date, Mel and my friends were here no big deal. "Here Travis" I handed him the cord. I looked out the window seeing a line form. "So Yall just gone leave the people out in the cold" I headed to the door letting them in.

Travis got the music together, my servers for the night had the food flowing, and the gift table was looking real nice. "Hey Em" I turned to see Era "I thought you were in New York with Aug" I wrinkled my eyebrows

"Ain't no damn body in New York" I heard August from behind me. "Aug" I hugged him tight "I wasn't pose ta be hea' this early but Trav told me you was poutin'. What I say earlier" He held me back looking down at me "Don't be pouting all night" I sighed.

"Hey Boos" Joie came through the door. "Hey love" I hugged her. "Where the drinks" She looked around "The shot girls are walking around" I told her. "Good job, looks like everything came togetha' fa you again" August stood behind me as we watched the party "It did huh" I nodded.

"One time for my shawty Emerson. We rocking the house for her tonight as we go into this New Year getting Numb" He spoke over the mic dropping August track Numb. "This you, aye let's go" I turned pulling him to the middle of the floor. August sung and attempted to dance as I danced.

The night went smoothly, a lot more people showed up then I expected. There was no problems everybody left safe, and happy. "I'm coming to spend the night, so wait for me before you got to sleep" I told August as he walked me to my car.