Chaper Three (Pic of Xander)

A/N: Pic of Xander on the side -------->

Chapter Three

As I sat in the plane feeling numb from all the sadness I couldn’t help but remember everything we all did together. As my salty tears began to dry all my old memories came rushing back to me. Like the first time I learned to ride a bike.

I was six years old and I didn’t get to buy a bike yet. All the guys had finished learning and were biking around the neighborhood while I was stuck skateboarding after them. It was the middle of the summer and the air was filled with scents of barbeque being cooked. And if you listened hard enough you could hear little kids screaming, yelling, and splashing in their pools. I was really upset that I didn’t know how to ride a bike yet so I just had to follow them without a choice as they sped down the middle of the road. I started feeling lonely because I was far behind, and that was when I started to feel tears falling from my eyes. I couldn’t stop them from falling as I started to sob because the guys were laughing and talking while they were now far ahead of me. I must have been crying loudly because as I saw Xander about to turn I saw him catch a glimpse of me and pedal back to where I stood.

“What’s wrong, Calypso?” asked Xander as he came to a stop next to me.

“I-I don’t know how to ride a bike.” I mumbled as tears fell from my eyes.

“It’s okay, I’ll help you. I’ll even get the rest of the guys to help you.” he cooed.

As he said this the rest of the guys came to a halt beside us.   

“Hey where did you guys go? And why is Calypso crying?” questioned Connor.

“I was following you guys but than I saw her crying. She’s crying because she doesn’t know how to a bike, so I told her I’d help her.”

“Okay we’ll help her. When we’re done teaching her she’ll be the best biker ever!” exclaimed Chase.

“B-but I don’ have a bike.” I pointed out.

“You can use mine!” Zack yelled excitedly.

As Zack took my skateboard way and lent me his bike Xander, Chase, and Connor guided me onto the bike and showed me how to petal and how to move. After a few hours of teaching they decided to let me try it on my own.

“Okay on the count of three we push Calypso, than she’s going to start to bike on her own, got it?” Connor ordered.

We all nodded and started to get ourselves positioned.

“Okay, one, two, THREE!” yelled Chase.

After a slight push I was pedaling down the road of the neighborhood. I was going at an amazing speed while my hair whipped roughly behind me. As I started to turn I lost my grip on the handlebars and I tumbled to the ground. I tried to jump off the bike before it fell but I didn’t make it in time. I felt my foot and knee skid across the road at an alarming speed. Next thing I know my leg stated to sear in pain as I felt scratches and cuts shoot up my leg. As the pain became more nerve wracking I heard heavy footsteps and yelling coming towards me.

“Chase and Connor go get her mommy outside with a first aid kit, NOW,” ordered Zack, “Xander come help me! We’re going to carry her home!”

As I saw them do as they were told I felt Xander carefully take the bike off of me.

“It’s okay we’re here, Calypso, don’t cry.” cooed Xander.

“M-mommy!” I sobbed.         

“We’re getting her, we just need to carry you to her.” cooed Zack.

I nodded my head in understanding as Xander gently lifted me by my ankles at the same time Zack lifted me by my underarms. As I was lifted I felt more pain shoot up my right leg and I began to whimper and sob while tears filled my vision. While they slowly lifted me home they began to soothe and comfort me. Once we got to the house I watched as my mom ran out of the house with the first aid kit in hand and the twins running towards us right on her heels. She began to carefully work on my leg right on the front yard while quietly murmuring to me everything would be okay. Once she had finished she carried me upstairs to my room and tucked me into my bed and read me a story while the boys sprawled around me on my bed listening, too. Once she had finished it she kissed me goodnight and walked out of my room. As I watched he leave I felt warm lips on my forehead.

“You’re okay now, Calypso, everything’s okay.” murmured Xander.

Soon I felt all of them come towards my bed and kiss my forehead than get settled on my bed. That was the last thing I remember as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The thought of this memory brought fresh new tears to my eyes. As I recalled the memory I slowly drifted to sleep.

*****

“Wake up Calypso we’re here.” my mother’s voice whispered, slowly waking me up from my sleep. Once I was fully awake I began to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

“Wha-how long was I asleep?” I groggily asked.

“The whole flight.”

“Good evening passengers this is your captain speaking and we are now landing in London’s International Airport, and it is a cool sixty degrees and slightly cloudy outside. We thank you for flying with us and hope you have a great trip here.” announced a man on the plane intercom.

Once we landed and got our bags from overhead we made our way down to claim our bags. After half an hour we managed to collect our bags and call a cab to our new home.

“Welcome to our new home, honey!” my parents exclaimed while wrapping their arms around my shoulder. Meanwhile all I could do was sigh with frustration. When would this nightmare over?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment & tell me what you think! & vote pls :)