Surviving the Retched Day!

Start from the beginning

"Hey yourself. Um, Valarie, right?" He asked me.

"Uh huh,"

"Yeah, um, I don't think I've properly introduced myself last time, I'm Cameron."

I smiled, and opened my mouth to speak again, but before I could, someone grabbed hold of my arm.

"Okay, Valarie I think it's time to go." I heard Martin say, as he began to pull me away from Cameron.

I looked back at Cameron, who had a stunned look on his face.

Once we were far enough away from him, I looked up at Martin as if he were crazy.

"Wait a minute," I began to say, stopping dead in my tracks, which also made him stop as well. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What do I think I'm doing? I think I'm getting you away from a him, that's what."

"I was just talking to him, there's no harm in making casual conversation!"

"With Cameron, yes there is! I thought I told you to stay away from him?!"

"Martin, I barely know you! You do not, under any circumstances, have any right to tell me what to do! He's a nice guy, so what!"

"No he's not Valarie. Please, I'm just looking out for you, okay? That guy is no good, trust me."

"I don't need you to look out for me! And, I don't trust you yet, because, like I just said, I barely know you! So, if you'll excuse me, I've got another stupid class to get to!" I shouted walking off without letting him say another word.

Don't run into anyone; don't run into anyone. I chanted to myself inside my head as I made my way to my next class. A class that, although it's simple name, scared the hell out of me just hearing about it!

"Potion mixing class." I said to myself.

Time to blow up the school. I thought.

And I, almost, did just that! Hell, the damage I made in that room suddenly put my little incident with the bolt of lightning to shame! Why I turned out to be so damned clumsy, I will never understand.

So anyway, after that class, I went to another one of my normal classes, which was Math. Oh, did I ever mention how much I hate math? Yeah, well, I do, and for a good reason, I suck at it! Okay, so maybe that's not a good reason, but still, I hate it.

Once that class was over, I made my way to the lunchroom. I sat down at one of the tables after getting my lunch, and decided it was a good time to clear my head.

I hate it here. All of the people I've met so far have been either jerks or overly protective! My other school wasn't any joyride, but at least the kids were relatively normal! Grrr! Let's just hope I can survive the rest of this stupid day! I thought to myself, looking ahead of me, on the other side of the room. I was looking at my friend Kylee. Man! I can't believe she never told me about coming here! And, much less about her being a wizard! We've been friends for over ten years and I never knew that! Well, one thing I know for sure is that I'm going to confront her about it after all of my stupid classes are over!

I smiled while staring at her, thinking about how I would confront her later, when all of a sudden, somebody stepped into my line of vision.

I looked up at the person, and noticed it was that jerk Trevor from before. His friends were with him again, which made me realize that they probably follow him everywhere.

He was just standing there looking down at me with a smirk on his face, and also with a tray in his hands. "Hey new girl, mind if I sit here?" He asked, referring to the chair right across from me.