chapter 2

Nick's POV

Deep breaths
Deep breaths

Dont look at him Nick..
Dont l-

''hey Huchman'' I heard my mouth speak in a sweet voice as if my mouth has a brain of its own. Definitely against what I really wanted to do..

Xavier nodded without any word not even a glance. He was busy typing on his phone.

How rude!!!

Where the hell is Steph.. I thought to myself. And as if on clue, she appeared on the doorway of the cafeteria waving at me while shouting my name.

How embarrassing!!!

I waved her to come to where I was sitting and she literally ran towards me.

''hey Nick..'' she hugged and sat beside me eyeing the boys.''hey Connor'' she smiled at my brother shyly. I rolled my eyes.''hey Xavier'' her smile faded when hr didnot respond. She frowned and gave me a smile of sympathy 'cause she knew about my crush.

I gave her a glare which she brushed off. ''how was your exhibition Nick?'' She questioned changing the mood with a smile.

''Oh it was good. For three days I really got a good response. Stacy told me about some rich guy who bought 10 of my most expensive paintings with 10times more than its value, can you imagine that? I mean who does that!! He must be a big fan of paintings. I sure have to find out who this guy is.''I spoke to Steph forgetting about the two boys sitting beside us.

''little sis we're done. I'll be off to Chicago for 3days. Call me if you need anything ok.'' Connor kissed my forehead and stood up along with Mr.Arrogant and went off. Mr.Arrogant not even saying a bye. I felt sad.

Steph and I ordered some pancakes and I forgot about everything and focused on finishing my delicious food. We then went to the mall, I bought some colours and brushes and also some dresses I really really liked. I was too tired by all the activities so I went home to my lovely bed and fell asleep as soon as I came in contact with the soft material of the covers.

3 days later...

I had been doing this Golden buddha oil painting since two days now. Mixing yellow, ochre, brown and making different shades. Yes this is what I love doing. Filling colours on to colourless frames. Brushing until the right shade and texture is seen on the canvas.

''Niiiickk'' I heard my mom call me from downstairs.

''yes moooom'' I replied with the same tone.

What?? Its in my genes!!!

''please come down dear. We have something important to talk about.''

''ok mom. Coming..''

I stick my brush to the holder and run downstairs to the living room where my dad, mum and Connor were seated talking something serious.

''when did you get home Connor?''

''just few minutes ago, shorty!'' I rolled my eyes at his remark.

''Nick we have something important to talk about'' mom said in a serious tone.

What have I done!!

''Nick my family has a tradition..'' dad started hesitating. ''the girls in our family are to get married within the age of 20. This tradition has been going on for many generations now. So I and your mon has decided to get you married.'' Said my dad.

''ha ha ha ha ha !!! I think something is wrong with my ears. I may have heard you saying I am getting married..'' I said dad laughing my ass out.

But mom and dad were staring at me with a serious expression and Connor was staring me with a sad face.

Are they serious?? Oh my...

''you are getting married Nick'' my mom said with care in her tone.

''I'm sorry baby girl but you have to. You are turning 21 in three months, so we want you to get married before that.'' Dad added.

No no no no

''This sunday is Connor and Xavier's birthday, we and the Huchmans' have decided to get you and Xavier engaged on the party that will be hosted and..''

''And what else that you want to decide on my behalf for my life mon and bad?'' I cut mom before she could finish.

''And if you find yourself a better husband than Xavier before the engagement, we'll let you marry that man'' my mom finished.

After about 10minutes of thinking I said an OK

Husband...

Find a better husband than Xavier...

Xavier...