Chapter 2 : Mount Ebott

After a few more days, they still haven't found shelter. They went up to every orphanage they could find but nobody accepted them. As they walked down the street, they felt cold glares behind them. Looks of disgust from the adults, and mockery from the other children. With all this happening to them, Chara had hit their boiling point. Chara had come to the point where they hated humanity, and the only one whom they cared about was Frisk. A man shoved them while they were walking, and left without even an apology. Both Chara and Frisk were on the ground and Frisk was crying in pain. That's it. This is the last straw. Seeing their younger sibling suffering, Chara couldn't hold it anymore. They took a broken branched and leaped onto the man. With one single blow, the man was unconcious. Crowds were watching. Everyone was either in awe, shock, or terror. A few people came up to the man, but no one dared to get close to Chara. Chara dropped the branch, and walked up to little Frisk, who was still sobbing and whimpering. Chara smiled "It's fine Frisky! Your older brother/sister Chara knows how to deal with people like THEM now.." Those words sent a chill down everyones spine. They were terrified. Chara picked Frisk up and starting walking through to heaps of people. Everyone backed away. Chara's usual expression had changed. Even though they hated everyone, they were still calm and smiled for Frisk. But no, not today. Their expression was full of hate and anger. Chara knew that if they didn't fight back, both Frisk and them wouldn't make it. Chara realised that in this world, It's kill or be killed. And if they had to hurt others for the sake of Frisk, they would gladly do it. Humanity hasn't done them any good anyway.

Chara went out of town to the base of Mount Ebott. They looked up to see the clear sky and shining sun. Chara sat under a tree with Frisk still in hands. Frisk saw the top and tried to reach it with their tiny hands. "Do you want to go up Frisky?" Chara said while looking at their younger sibling. "Um! Um!" Frisk said while still reaching for the top. Chara looked around to see an old rope sitting by the tree. They tied Frisk onto them and looked up. "Let's get away from humanity Frisk." Chara climbed up the mountain slowly. They didn't want Frisk to get hurt. After quite an exhausting climb, they reached the top. Chara untied Frisk and layed them down on a bed of flowers. "Huff huff... It's great here. Isn't it Frisky?" Frisk squirmed around while giggling and smiling. "Yeah... Not a single person around. Just you and me Frisky. We don't need them, they're all just crap anyway." Frisk crawled over to Chara. "C-c.. Cap!" They said, pointing at Chara. Chara picked Frisk up and laughed. "I shouldn't have said that, should i ? You shouldn't know those words yet! Just say Chara. Chaaraa. Say Chara, Frisk." Frisk understood that Chara wanted them to say their name "Cha-ch...Cha-ra, Chara!" Frisk smiled as they succeeded, Chara smiled in delight "That's right Frisky! Chara! The only name you should know! Well except for your own name that is... But that's too hard to pronounce right now!" Chara hugged Frisk, and Frisk hugged back, smiling. They then crawled out of Chara's arms and pointed at a small flower. "Um! Um!" They said. Chara looked at the direction pointed and saw some flowers. "Do you want those flowers, Frisky?" Frisk nodded "Alright!" Chara walked up to the flowers and picked some of them. Frisk was clapping and giggling while watching. "Here you go Fri--" As Chara was walking back to Frisk, they tripped and fell into the ground. Chara sinked to the bottom of Mount Ebott, while Frisk was still at the top. "Ch-Chara..?" Frisk called out to them, nearly in tears. "Chara! Charaa..!! Charaa.." They screamed out in fear. Frisk sobbed and whimpered. The tears couldn't stop. Not when Chara isn't here. They cried on the flower bed, calling out for Chara. The only name they knew. The only person who took care of them. The only one cheering them up. Their only family.

After an hour or so, Frisk was still in tears, untill somebody heard their call. It was a hiker "What's a little baby doing here?" He said, picking Frisk up. "It's okay buddy. I'm gonna take you back down." He said while holding Frisk in their arms. Though Frisk's tears still couldn't stop flowing. The only thing they could think about was Chara.

Chara woke up. They landed on a flower bed and didn't get any major injuries. Though, Frisk wasn't anywhere around. Chara stood up and started looking around. "Are you looking for something...?" Someone asked them. Chara turned around to see a goat monster. "I'm Asriel by the way. Asriel Dreemurr. And you?" Chara hesitated, but i guess a monster doesn't actually qualify as a part of humanity, does it? "I'm Chara."

[[ Second Part. Also i may mess up on spelling, so please forgive me

~Author ]]