We're Just Friends..

Ariana's POV

"I call dibs on her!" "No! I already did!"

"Would you all stop?" Shane groaned.
"I'm sorry Ariana, we haven't had a girl on our team since freshman year."

"It's fine. Where's Justin?" I asked.

"He's in the gym, he should've been here a long time ago though."

"I'm going to go get him." I hopped off of my chair and raced to the gym.

+

"You should do our math homework Justin.."
"You look so cute today Justin."
"Oh yes! Do our math homework.. Please.."
"You could even do our history homework also.."

I peeked inside the gym to see a bunch of cheerleaders all over Justin. My heart dropped, and I'm really not sure why. I had this sick feeling in my stomach and I felt like crying. But that lasted only a few seconds, until I got angry. I stormed into the gym and yanked Justin back from the snobby cheerleaders.

"Woah!" Justin squealed.

"Hey! Hands off of him! He was just about to do our homework!" One of the cheerleaders growled. It was Anna. Anna is a stuck up red headed cheer captain. I couldn't stand her.

"We have a Varsity Math meeting to go to." I hissed.

"Who are you anyway?" Anna rolled her eyes.

"Your worst nightmare. Now come on Justin lets go, now." I stormed back out with Justin at hand. He seemed really shocked. I'm still not sure why I felt so.. angry seeing him with other girls. It's not like I like him or anything..

"Ariana, what was that? Are you okay?" Justin asked slowing me down. "Y-yeah I'm fine. They just annoyed me. Now come on."

+

"You got mad? Why?" Steph asked while slurping up some soup. "I really don't know, those cheerleaders were all over him and he was defenseless. He's just so shy and he keeps to himself. I just feared for him I guess, and I still do." I explained.

"To me, it sounds like you got a little peanut butter and jelly." Steph teased.
"What? Me? No way! I did not! I don't even like him. We're just friends!"

"I didn't even say you liked him, but seriously,
if you do it's okay."

"Ugh, Steph. You're not helping." I rubbed my eyes.

"Well sorry! It's the truth! If you got jealous, then you did! It's a feeling everyone gets every once in a while. If you like him, it's fine. Don't be afraid to go for what you want. It's only September. You have plenty of time."

"Okay.. Thanks Steph. I'm going to catch some sleep, wake me up if you need anything."

"Alright."

Do I like him?