The Bonfire.

"How was your first day?" Steph asked as I took a seat next to her on the bus. "It was great, I made a lot of friends."

"Any.. Boys?" Steph nudged me and had a huge smirk on her face. "No Steph, not yet at least. You know I'm really trying to focus on school this year. Ever since-"

"Your ex Shawn, I know. You liked eachother for like, 8 months. I know you don't want to be broken hearted again. I know it's hard." Steph explained.
"Okay Miss Knowitall." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"There's a bonfire later, wanna go?" Steph asked.

"Of course! Everyone is going to be there!" I exclaimed.

+

Justin's POV

"I triple dog dare you to go up to Jasmine Airs and ask her out!" Shane giggled.

"No, she's a Stacey, I don't do those." I rolled my eyes and continued with my calculus homework. "Besides, I don't need a girlfriend."

"Awh come on. We all have a soulmate. It doesn't matter if we stay single, there's always someone out there that would accept us for who we are. We just haven't met them yet." Shane explained.

"Stop being a cornball." I rolled my eyes. "Hey guys, you'll never guess what a found!" Ben came running over to us out of breath.

"What?!" Me and Shane both said in unison.

"Look at those really hot buns over there!" Ben said snickering. I looked over and saw Ariana and a friend of hers. I immediately slapped him on the arm. "Ow!" He squealed.

"Women are not pieces of meat. Treat them with respect."

"Isn't that the girl you met earlier? I bet you're too shy to say hi to her." Shane teased. "I'm not too.. shy.. I just don't think I should okay?" I stuttered. Shane and Ben both got up and pushed me toward the girls. "No! Please don't!"

But it was too late, I already had bumped into Ariana.

"Hey Justin!" She squealed and gave me a partial hug.
"Hello my fellow human being- I mean.. Hey my.. Umm.."

"It's okay Justin." Ariana laughed. "This is my friend Steph, Steph, meet Justin."

"Hi Justin." Steph held her fist out in front of me. "Woah! What did I do wrong?! Please don't hit me!"

"It's a fist bump.." Steph coughed. "Justin it's fine, she wouldn't hurt you." Ariana soothed.

"Oh.. I-I knew that.." I scratched the back of my head.. I'm such a fucking idiot.

+

Ariana's POV

"Ariana, I have to go. My aunt is in labor and my mom is panicking." Steph laughed.

"Oh! Okay, good luck! Tell your aunt I said hello!" I hugged Steph before she ran to her car
I sighed and wandered around the bonfire.

"Ariana?"

I turned to look and see Justin. He was holding a flyer in his hand and he looked really nervous. "Um.. Listen.. I heard you were really good at math. Me and m-my buddies would really like if you'd join the varsity math team? You don't have to.. I just.. I'm.. You-"

"I'd love to!" I took the flyer and scanned it over. "This is so cool! Thanks Justin." I wrapped my arms around his neck. He was shaking under my arms and I pulled away.
"Why are you shaking? Are you cold?"

"No! N-no.. I just.." He sighed and face palms himself.

"Justin, there's no need for you to get so nervous. I know you're antisocial, but don't beat yourself up about it. It's okay. If you want to talk about something.. anything, just let me know." I said while rubbing his back. I felt so bad. He is so shy..

"Thanks Ari." Justin let out a breath of relief.

"No problem." I smiled.

"Y-You look really pretty tonig-"

My phone rang and made me jump. I dug in my bag and answered it. "Hello?.. Yeah. I'll be there. Bye mom."

"I'm sorry Justin, I have to go. See you tomorrow? After school?" I put my phone back in my bag.

"Of course. Good night Ariana."