Chapter Two

"Bring her to the cells. She will learn then. Also, get someone to take care of the pirates." I open my eyes to the blinding white light of the castle.

"Damn." I mutter. I was brought back to the castle. Two people drag me by my arms out of the throne room. I lay limp, making them carry the whole of my weight. No sense in making it easy for them.

"Princess, we know you are awake. We don't like Alex as much as you do, so can you at least help us?" One of the guards who were dragging me, Charlie, I think his name was.

"Nope. What about the pirates in the port? Who are they?" I ask.

"We aren't allowed to tell you, Princess."

" What is the ship's name? Surely you can tell me that." The guard sighs, and looks at the other guard.

"The Grim." My jaw dropped. Everyone knew about The Grim. It's name was as fearsome as the captain. They say his name is Arthur Kirkland, ruler of the seas. Everyone who lived on the coastline was familiar with his name, except no one who has seen him ever lived to talk about him. By the time I was done thinking, we had reached the cells. I stood up as they unlocked the doors.

"Princess...." They look back at me. I nod. Each one gives me a hug.

"I guess I'll see you two later?" I say, walking into the cell.

"We're sorry Princess." I sit in the corner, leaning my head on the wall. They lock the door, and walk upstairs. I smirk, Reaching into my dress folds, bringing up the spare key that I managed to grab from the guard. There isn't anyone watching now, so I get the key and unlock the door.

I sneak up into the kitchens, nearly getting caught three times. From the kitchens, I take the inner passageways to my room. I sigh when I finally get into my room. Then a bell sounds. Pirates! I look out the window to see the ship close to the harbor, in firing range. And that's exactly what they did.

Boom!

The castle shudders.

"I have to get out of here!" I grab the items I need. A shirt and some pants. I get some medical wrap I had in a drawer, and wrap it around my chest. No need to have men looking at me like that. I change out of my dress as fast as I can, changing into the shirt and capri's. I also grab the dagger I keep under my pillow. Tucking it into its sheath, I slowly open the door, looking for anyone. No one. I run out of my room, towards the back door of the castle.

After nearly running into twelve guards, I finally make my way to the back door. I run into the streets, not knowing where I was going. Towards the pirates, away from the guards? Or away from the pirates, towards the guards? To the pirates, I make up my mind. I can't spend another day in this kingdom.

I almost reach the docks before being tugged into an alley by my hair. I grit my teeth. Using the dagger, I cut my hair chin length. Running at full speed, I reach the docks. Only to see some pirates circling some children. My eyes narrow. Even though I am running away from the kingdom, it is still mine.

"Aw, look at the little children, so defenceless. Guess your mommies won't be here to help." One of the pirates taunt the kids. Now that I get closer, I notice that there are five boys forming a protective circle around two little girls, around eight years of age.

"Hey! Leave us alone you barnacle head!" One of the boys spit. I get out my knife, and the boy sees me. I nod.

"Hey, leave them alone." I say, causing the pirates to turn to me.

"Or what little boy? You're gonna kill me?" The pirate laughs, turning to his fellow pirates. I swing, hitting the target. He gasp, looking down at his chest, before falling onto the ground, not moving. The other pirates turn to me, and the kids run off.

"You'll regret doing that." One says, sword out. I show no fear, even though inside I am in panic mode. I quickly grab the fallen pirate's sword, and back up a few steps. The kingdom is on fire, and I have to avoid some places to not get burned. Swing after swing against the pirates, I know I can't fight much longer. I notice a pirate at the edge of the docks, emerald green eyes, dirty blonde hair under a black hat. He smirks at the battle, and edges towards it.

"Stop!" He shouts to the pirates, who immediately stop. He seems to be in charge. Wait. If he is in charge, that means he is captain. And if he is captain....

I was standing in front of Captain Arthur Kirkland. Captain of The Grim. A man with very bushy eyebrows.