Chapter one

I open my eyes, and see my room in pitch blackness. Why am I awake at this hour? I think.
Sudden memories from yesterday flood my mind.

Flashback

"Crystal, this is the last time I am explaining to you, you will marry Prince Alex, no matter why you don't like him!" My father yelled at me.

"But he is as bad as a thief or a murderer! He does things that you don't even know!"

End Flashback

I can't live like that any longer. I get out of my bed, and put on a shirt and pants that one of my maids gave to me. Quietly, I tiptoe out of my room, and grab a sword from the room I fence in. A real sword, not a fencing one.

I get a belt and slide my sword in. As I run outside, some guards notice me, and start running down from the top of the gate. I smirk, and run faster, towards the port. As I near the end of the docks, I realize that none of the crew members of the ship are awake. Damn. I reach the end of the docks, and the guards corner me.

"Princess Crystal. Your father will punish you severely for this..." One of them say. I let my eyes widen and look slightly behind them, causing them to turn around.

"Wha-?!?!???" I slam my sword onto a guard's head, making him pass out. The other guard turn to me and we fight until one of them manage to grab my arms.

He holds a little too tight, causing me to cry out in pain. I drop my sword and the man throws me too the ground, kicking my sides. Crying in pain, I spot a ship coming in the harbor....a pirate ship.

"S-stop!" I cry out one more time before they give me a final kick, and I roll into the ocean, passing out, floating in the waves.