♫16♫ Say Goodbye To That 'Lovely' Face of Yours

I started  new story called Nothing Ever Easy. It'd be really cool if you guys could check it out and maybe leave a comment or a vote? :)

Anyways, comment/vote?

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Chapter Sixteen

Say Goodbye To That ‘Lovely’ Face of Yours

I woke up with a queasy feeling in my stomach.

And no, I wasn’t on my period, I was just nervous about the performance I’d have to give later on today. Today marked round two of the competition. My band and I had spent the past two days rehearsing and I’m proud to say that I’ve pretty much gotten the song down—now let’s just hope I don’t screw up.

“You’ll do fine, Jules,” reassured Lola, as she patted my knee. “So don’t sweat…! It’ll ruin your blouse.”

I gave her a weak smile. We were sitting inside of a taxi that Hyde had hailed for us. Since the taxi was in the form of a van, Lola, Ivy, and I were sitting in the backseat while Kale and Hyde sat in the middle.

“I don’t think I can do that,” I said.

“Why are you so nervous anyways?” said Ivy. “I mean, it’s not as if this is your first time performing in front of hundreds.”

“You try singing in front of a thousand people,” I snapped. “I’m sure you’ll be shaking and all too!”

“But I’m not shy,” she countered.

I rolled my eyes.

“We’re here, you guys,” said Hyde, as he got out of the car. We all piled out quickly as Kale handed the driver our fare.

“Where are we?” I asked, as I stared at the ginormous, dome-shaped building in front of me.

“In Los Angeles?” said Kale, looking at me as if I was the stupidest person in the world.

“Well, duh, I knew that. But I meant what is this place?”

“This is the Holdington Theater,” Hyde offered.

“Oh, I see,” I said. “That makes more sense now.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Kale roll his eyes.

“We should head in so we can get our number,” said Lola. By number, she means the band number. Like how the auditions worked, the numbers tell you when you’re supposed to be onstage performing.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea,” agreed Hyde.

“You guys go on in and do that,” I said, yawning. “I wanna take a quick nap and calm down my nerves before actually performing up there.”

“You will do no such thing!” said Ivy. “Every time you wake up from a nap, you always end up with “morning” breath—and believe me; you do not want to end up stinking the room with it.”

I blushed. “I do not have “morning” breath!”

“Um, yes you do!”

Hyde and Kale snickered at Ivy’s proclamation.

“Oh my god, Ivy! Could you get any more embarrassing?” I hid my face behind my hands and refused to look at her.

From the cracks between my fingers, I saw Ivy smirk. “So don’t go to sleep!”