Chapter Five - Change of Plans (Short)

Lauren

I walked down the aisle with the snacks and drinks. I grabbed a few drinks and some water. I was about to grab some pretzels when somebody hand covered my hand. I saw Chris from last night standing by me with a smirk.

"Are you stalking me?" I ask with a slight smile on my face.

He chuckled. "Never that ma."

"Hmm." I continue pushing the cart, looking at more snacks.

"So, why didn't you call me?"

"I don't have your number."

"Right. You ran off before I could give you mine." I nodded. "Why did you run off?"

"I saw somebody and I had to leave."

"Oh, iight." I nodded and walked off from him.

"Wait!" He called out. I stopped and waited for him to catch up. "How about you and me go somewhere tonight?"

"I'll think about it." and walked off.

I paid for the groceries and walked out of the store.

-

I pulled into the driveway of the house and cut off the car. I'ma need help getting these groceries out. I unlocked the front door and walked in. I saw Lucas sitting on the couch, smoking.

"Um, can you help me with these groceries?"

He put the blunt out and nodded.

"Damn girl. what you buy the whole store? I only gave you two hundred."

"I just know how to shop."

6:30 p.m.-

I was sitting on my bed, playing on my phone bored. Lucas was gone, so I was in this big house alone. I need something to do. I stood up from the bed. I saw something fall out of my pocket.

I picked of the paper and read it...

Call me, if you're still up for that offer.

323-660-5555

-Chris ♥

I smiled. I grabbed my phone and texted him.

How about that date?

- I knew you wouldn't turn me down

Whatever. I'll be ready at 7

I texted him the address before getting in the shower. I took a quick shower and got out. I dried off and lotioned my body, before getting dressed.

Hearing a car horn beep outside after waiting five minutes. I jumped up and ran to the door, seeing it was Chris and locked the house up.

Chris got out and opened the door for me. "Awe, such a gentlemen."

"Aye, this between me and you."

He shut my door and jogged back to his side and got in. He started the car and we were on our way.