I never thought anything of it, I guess I didn't think that he was hiding something from me, so I wasn't looking for it.

I sat up on the bed before standing up completly. It was lonely in this huge house by myself. I could hear the echo my feet made when I walked through the halls, and even though this place was fully furnished, it barley even felt like a home to me.

I walked over to the duffle bag of things that I had brought over, and I unzipped it. I took out a pair of pajama shorts and a shirt that had once belonged to Michael.

Changing quickly into the shorts and shirt, I put my dirty clothes in a hamper near the closet before taking out my brush and standing infront of a mirror.

Once I had brushed out my hair, I put it in a high pony tail before taking out the charger to my phone and walking over to the bed. I sat down, plugging the charger into the outlet and plugging in my phone. I had acouple pages of homework from school, so I took those out of my bag next, laying everything out on my bed and diving into the work.

The next time I looked over at the clock, it was 15 minutes till midnight, and I packed up all of my things before turning off the lamp and snuggling under the comforter, falling asleep alone.

*

*

*

"Where were you this morning? You wern't in homeroom" Julia asked at lunch as I sat down, rubbing my eyes that no doubtedly had dark circles under them.

"I slept in accidentally, and had to walk to school" I yawned as if on cue, remembering to keep in the information that I was living somewhere else now. And I didn't nessecarily lie either.

I had woken up at the usual time of 7, having 45 minutes to get ready before I would walk to school, because it started at 8 and I lived about 10 minutes away.

But I forgot the small detail that I didn't live in my own house anymore.

So I took 30 minutes to get ready, which led the clock to tick down to 7:30 before I frantically searched around for the car keys to the car out front. I then remembered that I'm almost terrified of driving cars due to a little mishap that happened when Michael and I were still together, long story, and I had to half jog, half run, and half walk to school, due to the fact that it was an hour and a half's walk away.

And that's why I was an hour and 45 minutes late for school, and missed homeroom and first period, only making it to second period before lunch.

"Damn Miley. You really should think about driving again. It would save you alot of time" she advised, gulping down some of her water. She eyed me alittle, seeing that I hadn't brought a lunch today.

"I forgot it in my rush out the door" I told her, dismissing her before she could even accuse me of my lack of food. And the excuse worked, and she let it slide.

After lunch, Julia and I got our stuff for our last two classes. English went by pretty quickly, probably because Michael had skipped class. After that, I headed to History, sighing in relief again when I noticed that Michael wasn't here yet, and that he was probably skipping class.

Again.

But my hopes all flew out the window when he strolled into the classroom just as the bell rung, sending me a bone chilling glare as he sat down across the room.

After the history class had dragged on, school was over and I kept my head down as I walked quickly out of the class and to my locker.

"I'll see you Monday Miles" Julia waved as she walked off from her locker.