"Maddison Gloria Avery if you don't walk over there right now and lay one on him, I will." Siobhan threatened.

Maddison turned a furious glare on her littler sister, noticing the smug shine in her eyes. Shiv had siad that on purpose, knowing that Mad would respond to it. No point in denying it now, Shiv knew that Mad wanted West as more than just a friend. "Bloody h***." Maddison cursed, stormnig away and hearing her sister laugh. That laugh galled her the rest of the way to West's side, where she glared away a few of the pornstars hanging around him. Not that the girls were actual pornstars, but that they were featured by every guy in the bar so it's not like they had something everyone hadn't already seen.

As Maddison reached his side, she couldn't help but notice a flash of consternation in his eyes. His gaze flicked from Maddison, over her head towards someone and then back down. Maddison turned to follow his gaze and froze. Of course that's why he hadn't been hanging around her. Chelsey Adams. Siobhan's best 'frenemy'. The girls shared a birthdate and had been in school together, so every year their birthday parties were put together. They had become friends by necessity, though Maddison knew that Siobhan wouldn't shed a tear if the other girl were to suddenly develop anmesia and no longer hang around. Chels was voluptuos and yet skinny at the same time. Mad personally suspected silicone had something to do with it, but had no proof. Other than the fact that Chels' cup size had doubled over a summer and her daddy was rich.

West was already moving on, since she kept insisting that they 'just be friends'. Maddison felt her courage shrivel up and die as she spotted Chels looking back towards West. But the glare on the face of the man next to her was giving Maddison the creeps. Clearly he was Chelsey's date, she was sitting on his lap, but both of them were staring at West. Who was actually staring at her since she looked over towards Chelsey.

"Friends of yours?" Maddison asked, eyebrow raised.

Something swam in West's eyes, a terrible coldness that froze Maddison to the spot, but it vanished so quickly she started to doubt it'd ever been there. "Exact opposite." West's voice growled out.

Maddison had a shocked look on her face for a second, and then West saw it click in her head. "The guy next to Chelsey?"

"Who?" West asking, looking confused.

Maddison would never admit to anyone, especially Siobhan, how that one question from West filled her with relief. He not only didn't know whom Chelsey was, he didn't even notice her there! "The pair of tits with makeup on next to Captain Swarthy over there." she jerked her thumb at the couple.

"Joao." West's voice was flat. Maddison didn't need to know what had happened in the past between them, that one word told her everything. Because it was said in the same tone had had used with the men that had attacked them. Like all the emotions had been turned off, because if they were allowed to take control, there would be a blood bath.

Maddison slipped her hand into his and squeezed the fingers to pull his gaze back down to her. "Want I should kill him?" she offered, trying to make it a joke.

West wrapped his arms around her shoulders and Maddison leaned against his chest, suddenly unaware of the masses of people around them. "Never." he breathed into her hair. "That's my job."

Maddison gave him a smirk. "Never send a man to do a woman's job." she quipped.

West actually used his grip on her shoulders to spin her around and swatted her on the butt. Maddison let out a yelp that garnered no little amount of attention. And West noticed that Joao was watching them intently. West caught the other man's eyes and looked down at Maddison, laughing and blushing red. When he looked at Jo again, the rich boy was purposefully looking away, at his own date. They were in accord then, the women weren't to be involved. West smiled grimly, pleased that he'd have a chance to 'reacquaintance' himself to Joao.

"Let's get out of here. Shiv is going to drink this place dry and it's not my scene." Maddison pulled West's thoguhts off of bloody violence. He nodded and followed her back out to 'Arnie', too filled with looming violence to even notice that her driving was as erratic and terrifying as ever. But he had underestimated Maddison, and she surprised him with her next words. "So which scar belongs to him?" West almost felt his neck crick as he turned to look at her, surprise dancing in his eyes. Maddison snorted, sarcastic. "West, I have seen that very delicious body of yours very naked. If you think you're gonig to surprsie me with the announcement that you've had a violent past, I hate to break it to you. But consider me already aware." West let out a sigh and the car swerved as she looked over at him. "What?"

West looked a little hesitant but then nodded to himself. "We need to talk."

Doom.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know it's short. Still feeling a little under the weather. Hopefully better by the weekend. If I don't get more up today/tomorrow, I probably won't get any up until tuesday. Still there will be more to come, I promise. And soon..... soon the school drama returns!