chapter 8: "your real?!"

Jason Maraz:

I was pissed.

The first day of senior year and I was pissed!

Mom and dad kept getting on my case about how the trip I took was supposed to straighten me out but I only got worse.

But the worst thing was that while they were giving the speech I was thinking of her. I wondered what she was doing....and then I thought about her smile.

That God dam smile had me hooked.

I sighed and rubbed my face in frustration as I got out my car slamming the door.

"Bad mood?" My best friend Marc Anthony was by my side as soon as I started towards the school.

"What do you think?" I asked and he sighed "look mam you got to forget about her!" He said and I scowled

"Dont you think I've tried! I want to ...but I can't..she was different." I said
And he sighed

"Your my best friend man...I just Dont like seeing you like this." He said and I nodded "I know...I'll see you later ight man?" I said then walked away before he could say anything.

I just wanted to be alone. I walked around for a while considering I came early.

As I roamed the halls my mind went back to the day of the party, how she was so sassy one minute then shy the next.

If it wasn't for the fact that she told me she was a virgin I would have never known by the way she was acting. It was like she was taking charge.

The thought of her lips on mine, her on top of me, me on top of her, skin on skin, body to body. It was all driving me crazy! She was driving me crazy.

How could she just leave like that? And not even tell me?

"Ow!" A voice said as I bumped into some one, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"watch where your going!" I grumbled

"Excuse me?!" The person snapped in disbelief.

I froze. That voice I knew that voice!

"Last time I checked you ran into me!" She continued and it was as if everything clicked as i just stood there for a while. Unmoving.

That's the same words she said when We first met except now I wasn't back talking her.

"Hellllo! Wow your def now to?!" She said.

It was as if she couldn't control her mouth.

as soon as she said that the my head snapped up and I looked at her with shocked blue eyes.

She took a step back in shock.

"Curly?" I asked. It was as if I was dreaming.

Please let this be real! Please Dont let this be another one of my dreams.

"Jason!" She whispered my name in shock.

I stumbled towards her and reached forward, My hands touched her soft cheeks and she flinched.

Hurt filled me before I blinked it away.

"Your real?!" I stated and she nodded numbly.

"Wh-how-why?" I stuttered not knowing what to say.

"Why? Why did you leave?" I asked and she took a step back as if she snapped out of it.

Tears springed in her eyes as she took another step back.