“Whatever,” She stalked away.

“That’s right . . . walk away you’re your fights . . . you always have,” I growled.

“Nice job, Shannon,” Danny was beside me hugging me, “I have wanted to bitch her since she kicked you off the team.”

“Thank you, Danny,” I smiled.

I felt amazing . . . I had been dying to get that off my chest since I found her on that bed with my Scott.

I looked around for Cole really ready to go home and brag to Damon.

“That was really hot,” Someone’s arms were suddenly around my waist.

“Thanks,” I smirked as his breath tickled my ear.

“Are you ready to go now that you got that you’re your chest?” He smirked.

“Yeah . . . I think I am,” I smiled.

He kept one arm around my waist as I proudly walked out of the dance. We stopped to get my coat and then continued out to the car.

“I told you nothing would go wrong,” He smirked as we pulled out of the parking lot.

“Yeah, I just totally bitched-out my ex-best friend and you almost got in a fight with my ex-boyfriend . . . but no, nothing went wrong,” I said sarcastically then smiled at him.

“Hey, we both made it out on top!” He held his hand up for a high five.

I lightly pressed my hand to his and then pulled away.

“Are you serious?” He put his hand back on the wheel. “That was incredibly pathetic,” He laughed. “I am obviously going to have to teach you how to high five.”

“Yeah, yeah . . . what are you an expert at everything. Flirting . . . dancing . . . fighting . . . and now high-fives? What? Is it a vampire thing?” I smirked.

“No, my brother was not lucky enough to be blessed with my skills,” He smirked.

“Is there anything else?” I smiled at him.

“Well, I have been told that I quiet an excellent kisser,” He wagged his eyebrows at me.

“Oh, is that true?” I raised an eyebrow at him trying to rein in a smile.

“Yes . . . maybe some time I will be able to prove it to you,” He smirked looking out the windshield.

“Maybe,” I shrugged as I turned and looked forward.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye and smirked.

Damon would kill me if he found out I was crushing on Cole . . . Wait! I never decided I was crushing on him! Why did I just think that . . . No, I m not crushing on a freaking vampire! That’s not happening!

“You okay, Shannon?” Cole suddenly asked.

Oh God . . . was he talking to me. I just completely zoned out, “I . . . um . . . Yeah, I’m fine. Just the shock of the whole evening is finally settling in on me that’s all.” I planted a fake smile on my face.

“Sure, yeah . . . you do know Damon is a mind reader,” He nodded to the house as we pulled into the driveway, “I can just ask him what you’re really thinking.” He went to step out of the car.

“No!” I grabbed his arm. He raised an eyebrow at me, “I mean . .  . really I am just kind of freaking out because of the fight. I . . . going to school at the end of break will be hard,” I tried to swallow the lump in my throat.