~Timeskip~

Two days later, the men I had sent to investigate my sisters claims now stood in for the of me, ready to give a full report. My second in command Robert, took a step towards me and placed a stack of paper on my desk. "In the last three months, over 50 people in GravityFalls have come down with a strange illness without any alternative source. Eye witness say that one day the person could be perfectly fine and suddenly bedridden the next."
I nodded and looked over the reports. My next investigator David, stepped forward. While he was shaky he spoke. "I was able to find and speak to a man Soos and he says that while the town had its dark moments, nothing like this has ever happened before."
I didn't even need to hear from my final investigator before standing up and sighing heavily. "Robert. I'll be going to GravityFalls to investigate myself what is going on. I have experience in that town and bringing you guys will slow me down. You are in charge until I return." They saluted and I walked out.

The drive wasn't as long as I thought but it was different. Finally, after 8 years I would be getting to see my sister and everyone else. I was scared to be honest, I didn't even look myself anymore. It wasn't just because I've grown but beyond the years of hard work I had to suffer through. Scars covered my body and I wasn't sure anyone would react to me. I passed the "Welcome to GravityFalls" sign and drove my way to the Mystery Shack. I couldn't ignore the weird looks I was getting as I drove down the streets, I mean after all I was driving something a bit more fancy then the cars here. I pulled up to an old looking building, the S that would have spelled Shack was missing and the paint was peeling and cracked. I sighed and got out the car. I closed the door and pulled my hoodie over my head, shielding my face from the outside world. I trudged up the long walkway and felt the rocks and gravel under my feet crack and move. "This place hasn't changed..." I mumbled
I looked up and stopped when I saw the shadow of a girl in the attic, where Mabel and I slept over that summer. I shook my head and continued my walk up the path. I reached the door and pushed it open, a bell ringed and the group of 4 people standing in the middle of the room stopped and looked at me. Though they couldn't seen my face, I could see theirs. Soos, he was still a big man though he had more hair that went to his shoulders. He still wore the green shirt that had a question mark in the center of it.
Wendy, her hair was still bright red but it had been cut to her ears and her bangs were swept to the side. She still looked like a wood logger.
Robby, he still had black hair and wore all black but he seemed happier somehow. I'm guessing Mabel.
My eyes traveled to the last person in the room. Staring at me with confused red-brown eyes Mabel looked amazing. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and her earring had now become studs. She wore a goofy sweater and dark purple jeans. In a good way...my sister was still the same person. Would they even recognize me? Probably not. In the last 8 years, I had my hair cut in this emo thing like Robby and I was a lot taller. My voice was deeper and my eyes had become more red as the brown slowly disappeared from them. I pulled off my hoodie and I swear Wendy bout had a heart attack. Yes I was good looking now but damn... Mabel rolled her eyes and flashed me a gentle smile. Oh how I've missed that smile. "Hello sir, how can I help you today?"
My heart dropped to my stomach and it took me everything not to look down. I closed my eyes and looked back at the girl in front of me. "Hello, I'm looking for Mabel Pines."
Mabel looked confused. "T-That would be me...wow, he's kinda scary." She mumbled under her breath.
I held her gaze as I took off my hoodie and tied it around my slender hips. Once again, Wendy about had a heart attack when she saw the muscles I had developed after 8 years of intensive training. Mabel couldn't take her eyes off the dozen scars and old wounds that lined my arms. I blew my hair out of my face a little, revealing a bit of the Little Dipper star constellation that had been put on my as a child. "Hello, pardon my intrusion, but you sent a letter regarding the Towns strange behavior? Did you not?"
She nodded. "Yes sir I did...but that was to be delivered to my brother."
I looked her in the eye and crossed my arms slightly. "Seems I have forgotten my manors. I'm the lead detective at the bureau you recently went to."
"Oh! Forgive me...but what's your name?" Mabel asked me
I sighed. "You never cease to amaze me...you can call Pines. Dipper pines."
Mabel's eyes grew twice in size and her jaw dropped. The room got quite, the only sound being that of the heavy breathing from my sister. Tears filled her eyes and she dropped to her knees. "Hello Mable... Long time no see." I mumbled
She cried loudly and she stood up quickly and hugged me. This is what it felt like to be hugged again. She hugged me tightly and didn't let me go, it was like I would disappear again. Robby finally pulled her off of me and she was crying again. "H-How can you change so much...that *hic* that I didn't even know who you were at first glance!?" She screamed at me.
I didn't have an answer for her, because not even I knew. Her body shook with sobs and her breathing was uneasy. "Where will you be staying?" Soos asked
"I have a hotel room not from here. I'll be staying there for the time being."
"You have to stay here at least one night! Please!" Mabel suddenly yelled.
I rubbed my eyes and thought about it. I mean it has been awhile since I last saw her. I sighed and nodded, but left it at that.

I thought about driving around town, get updates about the outbreak. In the end, I went walking through the forest. It was still dark and gloomy, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. I was used to being watched just because it was my job. This time there was something odd about air and how the wind blew back in the town but nothing here, I kept walking, my heartbeat stayed at a normal speed and I stayed cool and collected. I came to a clearing and this time, I knew I was being watched. I could feel the eyes of someone staring at me. It wasn't new, but there was definitely something wrong here. And I wouldn't rest until I figured it out.

(??? P.O.V)
I watched the Pines child walk out of the clearing, acting as if he couldn't feel my unwavering gaze. I grinned and allowed my body to float. "Welcome back to GravityFalls PineTree."

Investigation-In love with a criminal~BillDip (BoyXBoy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें