"It's o-okay, Austin" I sigh, stuttering. "I think we can work this out. But remember, we are friends and that's all."

Austin sadly smiles at me and puts his hands behind his back once again, stepping away from me.

"Thank you, Rel. Truly, you don't know how much it means to me."

"It's fine, I know how it feels like. But I really need to finish packing to get to the airport today."

"I can drive you" He shrugs. "Going home for Christmas?"

"Um... Not exactly." I choose wisely my words. Even though I don't want to hurt him, I should tell him the truth. "I'm going to LA and after that to Sydney."

"Sydney? That's crazy! What are you doing there?" Austin looks excited at first until something seems to click inside him. "Oh wait, LA? So Luke's going with you?"

"Yes, he's Australian. He was the one who invited me to go." I blush.

I know that Austin's heart ached when I told him so, but he still drives me to the airport and helps me with my bags. He hugs me tight and asks me to be careful.

"I will" I smile at him.

                                •••

Wednesday, December 16th

"Are you ready for the longest plane journey of your life?" Luke leans his arm on my shoulder.

"I was born ready." I joke. "I brought three different books and I know I can watch a lot of movies on the plane."

"Bookworm. But yes, you can. It's a 15 hours non-stop flight."

I look at him surprised and he chuckles, taking me by the hand to the departure lounge. On our way some paparazzi start taking pictures, but Luke doesn't seem to mind, even though he's holding hands with me.

We patiently wait for our flight.

"So," I begin. "the wedding we are attending. Who's getting married?"

"An aunt of mine, called Cassidy. You're gonna love her."

"To be honest, I'm a little nervous because I'm meeting your family" I blush, and Luke pulls me in for a hug, kissing the top of my head.

"Don't worry, babe. They're gonna love you, promise." He tells me, and my stomach contracts at the sound of the pet name.

We finally board on the plane. Luke decided he was taking first class seats, they're not the cheapest but holy shit they're comfortable as hell.

We sit down and I turn on my screen to check on what I can possibly watch on the trip.

"There's How I Met Your Mother" I tell him, wrapping my arm around his. "We could watch it together."

"Oh, and there's American Horror Story!" He points at the screen. "Do you like it?"

"Never watched it, to be honest. But we could try it out." I shrug.

So the plane takes off. At first Luke is excited to watch something with me but he slowly falls into one deep sleep I don't even know if he's ever waking up from. He's gabbing my hand while he sleeps, his touch making me shiver.

So I watch American Horror Story alone. Knowing what kind of show that is I'm worried I might get a little scared and scream, waking up Luke and perhaps, well, frightening the entire plane. I decide I'm going to watch a movie then, and since I'm a big fan of old things I put on White Chicks because I can never get enough of it.

Luke wakes up when the flight attendant gets by offering dinner. He yawns and sleepily looks at me.

"Sorry, angel. what did I miss? Hey, where's Evan Peters?"

"You left me here to watch it so I changed to a movie. White Chicks more specifically." I bright smile at him, rubbing my nose on his like a child.

"Okay, fair enough. Now I'm awake, what are we going to watch?"

"I'm more interested in talking about what I'm gonna do when I meet your family."

Luke frowns while getting a glass of water.

"How so?"

"Luke, I'm petrified right here. I'm afraid they might not like me or think I'm Amanda. You know they could right?" I huff.

"I have no doubt they're gonna love you. And no, no one will mistake you for Amanda, because I never exactly introduced her to my family." He timidly smiles and I feel dizzy.

This is a huge deal, you guys.

"Why not?" I ask when we get our dinner.

"She didn't want to cross the world. Granted, she didn't know she was going to meet them because that was a surprise, but when she said so I kind of felt unmotivated about our relationship. So they never got to meet her in person."

"Why am I not surprised?" I roll my eyes.

"Hey, Laurel... if you don't want to meet them, that's okay. I can pay you a hotel" He places his hand on top of mine.

I take it to my lips and gently kiss it, smiling.

"Believe me, I want to meet your family more than anything."

Luke lets out a sigh of relief and kisses my cheek, so we pay attention to our dinner again.

After that Luke and I fall asleep. I put up the arm rest and lay my head on his shoulder, my hand on his chest. Luke rests his chin on top of my head and his hands on my back and thigh. We wake up at this position the next day, when they start serving breakfast.

And four more hours to go.

I've never been fond of airplanes, I actually used to hate them when I was younger, but being inside one with Luke makes everything better. I'm even able to forget I'm at I-don't-know-how-many-feet high and that if this thing crashes or falls down it goes straight to the ground - oops, water, which makes it worse - and the chance of survival is 1 to 10000000.

I made this number up, but seems accurate.

Luke and I are talking about music when the pilot announces we're getting close to Sydney Airport, so I quickly lean forward to look out the window. The view is incredibly beautiful, the city looks incredible from above.

I must be with a stupid look of admiration on my face, because Luke chuckles and kisses my cheek.

"I knew you'd love it. If you're willing to, I can be your tour guide when we land."

"I'm going to love it" I smile at him. "You're more than I could ever dream of."

He gives me a peck and smirks.

"I could say the same about yourself, my angel."

------------
thanks for reading! don't forget to vote and share if you like it, oh and comment as well!

love you, remember you're beautiful ❤️ xoxo