Chapter Twenty Two

What to do
Roc

I'm going to be a daddy. All of this is so unexpected. Me and Jenaé haven't even made our relationship official yet and here we are having a baby.

After we ate me and Nae just came back to my place to talk and chill. Its been two weeks since she hit me with the news at IHOP and we still have a lot to talk about. Looking over her sleeping body waves of emotion swept over me. The way I feel about this female is indescribable but I don't know if I should call it love just yet. In the past I've made that mistake where I misjudge my feelings for someone and in the end I was the one left to pick up the pieces. I can't go through that again.

I guess that's why I'm taking what me and Nae got slowly. But now that's she's pregnant I gotta make what we got official for sure. I just don't want her to say no. I don't want her to think I'm trying to move foward in our relationship because of the baby. I know she already feels like she's pressuring me and thats not even the case.

"Ughhhhhhhh."

Maybe I should call Renée and see what she has to say. I mean she is Jenaé's twin she might know what she's thinking.

Reaching over for my phone I grabbed it got up and left out the room to call Renée.

Renée

"Alex are you hungry?!" I called from the kitchen. "Yeah!" He called back.

Alex has been home for two weeks now and I've been staying here at his house to help take care of him and Alexis. When Alex first got home I thought this whole not walking thing would take an emotional toll on him but to my surprise it hasn't. In fact he's been taking advantage of it, now he feels that he is entitled to what ever he wants when ever he wants it because he's a quote on quote cripple. Don't get me wrong I love the man but I swear if he ask me to take him a bath one more time Imma rub soap in his eyes.

Walking into the living room where Alex was resting I placed the tray of food down on the coffee table in front of him. "I made oven fried pork chops, mash potatoes, macaroni, and string beans. I also brought you your pills and a cup of water." I told him. Smiling he sat up and rubbed his hands together greedily. "Thanks babes, I was starving." He puckered his lips signaling that he wanted a kiss and I bent over placing a quick pop kiss on his lips. "Ewww, daddy dont kiss Renée your gonna give her germs and then she wont be able to tuck me in at night and my teacher told me babies come from kissing and I don't want no brother or sister." Alexis said.

Shocked by her comment I couldn't do anything but laugh. "Lil girl weren't you just in your room? Where you come from? And what the hell are you learning in school?!" Alex questioned "What? My teacher told us that because Britney tried to kiss Caleb in class and they got in trouble and she said kissing makes babies so please stop kissing Renée ok daddy." Shaking my head I walked over to Alexis and picked her up. "Don't worry Ma me and your daddy won't be making any babies. Ok?" I assured her and she smiled and nodded her head. "We won't be making any babies...YET!" Alex chimed in. Snapping my head towards him I gave him an evil glare. "Umm I mean because your our princess Lex so of course we not making babies yet. That's good with you right Princess?" He asked her quickly trying to cover his mistake. Laughing Alexis nodded her head and gestured for me to put her down. She walked out the living room and back towards her bedroom.

"Really? Not having any babies yet. Why would you say that?" I questioned. "Because its true. You gonna have my baby...just not yet." He said. "What makes you think I wanna have your baby?" "Do you love me?" "Yes." "Alright then you gonna have my baby. Maybe by next year, if you're ready by then." Alex said assertively. Shaking my head I just walked away from him and back into the kitchen. Just as I reached the fridge my phone began to ring. Checking it I seen it was Roc calling.

"Yo Nene, I need some advice."

"Well, hello to you to mutha fucka."

"My bad wassup?"

"Nun I'm good, now what you need advice on?"

"Jenaé. I wanna make my relationship with her official but I don't know if she would want that or is ready for that."

"Aww how cute! Ok, what you need to do is buy her ha favorite food one night lay it down on her real good like a real deal pimp and pump some oil into her tank then tell her what you want. Make her want a relationship just as much as you want." I said with a hint of humor.

"Man Nene I'm serious! Never mind ion know why I called you wit yo playful ass." Roc said angrily.

"Just chill OK, I'm sorry. But for real if you want to be with her officially then just tell her. I know my sister and I'm pretty sure she wants that too. But don't think she just gonna wanna be your girlfriend forever. I can see it in her eyes. She loves you and eventually she gonna wanna get hitched." I told him seriously.

He sighed on his side of the line.

"I know. And some where in the future I can see her as my wife. I dont know if she told you yet but she bout to have my first born." Shocked I sat on the phone silently.

"Are you for-real? Why hasn't she told me? I cant believe it."

"She told me two weeks ago. Don't attack her about it if she didn't tell you yet. Just let her tell you herself. OK?" Nodding my head as if he could see me I told him I wouldn't say anything.

After a couple more minutes on the phone me and Roc finally hung up. "Alex!" I called into the living room. "Yeahh?" Walking to him I stopped behind the couch and stood directly behind him. "Guess what?" "What?" He said sounding amused. But before I could tell him the news about Nae someone rang the doorbell. "Bae can you get that. I'm cripple." Rolling my eyes at his comment I walked towards the front to open the door. Before opening it I looked through the peep hole and seen a UPS delivery man.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm looking for a Renée Woods?"

"That's me, but I don't remember ordering anything." I said referring to the box in his hands.

He laughed. "Oh no this is not a delivery. This is a pick up." The delivery man said confusing me.

"Excuse me?"

Once those words left my mouth the delivery man pulled out a gun and pushed it directly against my stomach and put a finger to his mouth warning me not to scream.

"Anyone in the house?" I nodded my head yes. "Yell and tell who ever is in there you're going out for a little bit." He demanded.

"Please, just tell me what you want? What ever it is you can have it, but don't take me, not right now my boyfriend needs me." I begged

"Begging is pathetic and I don't give a fuck. You don't got nothing I want. Like I said this is a pick up and I'm picking you up. Now lets go." He said growing impatient. Nodding my head I yelled to Alex that I would be going out and he said OK.

As soon as I got in the car with the deliver man he hit me in my head and everything went dark.

I Prayed the lord would spare my heart.