Silent Storm - Author's Note

If you've managed to make it through the first two Tetrads of the Rising, congratulations. I apologize for the complexity. I'm likely to go back to exclude information that can play out later.

If you haven't read the first two Tetrads, it is strongly advised that you do so. What happens in the Silent Storm is going to be difficult to follow without the information in the previous novelettes.

I'm glad that what started out as a writing exercise to develop my writing voice and skills has grown into a world of its own. I'm grateful for the support and reads, especially from @rmcneary and the members of my writing group, BETAS (@chocomiloo, @zeyebn and @ViktorMomade) who pointed out major changes that have improved the flow of the storty telling.

As I was writing the first couple of pages of The Silent Storm it occurred to me that the weapons and Knight maneuvers might be difficult to visualize. I'm going to be adding hand-sketched visual aids. I would be most grateful if readers would give a certain amount of latitude for my drawing skills (in other words please don't snigger, snort, giggle or laugh). Also note the original cover art for the Silent Storm novelette in the spot above.

Thanks again for getting this far.

P.S. The companion volume to The Rising i.e. Society: The World Behind the Veil helps to make a little bit of sense out of everything. I'd advise you read through it at least once.