Introduction

The world is a disgusting, horrid place. So full of anger and fear the stench of it fills the nostrils and poisons the mind once filled with bright hope. Those of you who sit in fear waste a life worth knowing, those of you will live a life of danger are wasting the intelligence behind. Pride and prejudice rule the unjust. You are blind to true power and when you find true power you grab it with greedy hands, rebellious in the nature of humanity.

Don't take me as some depressed, egotistical teenager born to the blindness of a nurturing mother and father, just trying to protect their little girl from the true horrors of the world. I grew up in the cruel world, as independent and stubborn as they get. Yep. At the age of 1 day old I was practically gripping onto life in a hospital with desperate doctors trying to save a beautiful baby girl. It was later discovered this girl was in for a crazy ride when she couldn't breath, let alone utter a single word. Silence is said to be the worst enemy, but can you live three years without a moment of spoken personality, you soon find silence is a gift. Throughout my lifetime I have been more than twenty surgeries each one extensive and dangerous. However each one leading up to the miraculous action that would all come down to one simple solution. Silence or Voiced Opinion. Can you imagine the joy a parent felt when a once silent daughter of their's spoke for the first time in three years. I did not just sign the word but spoke it as well; and mom became the word I used second most often to "mine" which revealed the stubbornness hidden inside my tiny form roaring to be let loose. If you have ever heard the term "million dollar voice" well then there you have it. My voice is worth a million dollars and a million dollars it shall remain.

Sometimes I ask myself why? Why would a family whom adopted me would spend a million dollars to give a small child a voice, a voice that didn't matter in her teenage years. Love, compassion, graciousness, and nurturing are the qualities every good patent should have. My parents are not related to me by blood but they are as much as my parents could ever be. Without them I wouldn't have a voice or a life.