Forced Choices

A/N: So I've been thinking. As a so-so author I always love to read fanfictions written by the great fanfiction writers and a smattering of authors that might not get an A for skill but are enjoyable nonetheless. But that got me thinking, what do the GREAT writers read? At some point are they bound to reading real books because everything else is beneath them?

Just some food for thought, anyways, ENJOY!

Hey Sarah!

Me? I'm good. Ya know, as well as I can be.

I'm trying to remember... I was going to tell you something today but I can't quite recall...

THE PHONE! Yeah that's what it was. Time for me to tell you my biggest secret I guess.

If you can bring me anything that can connect to internet or a signal I can –how do I put this- sort of travel through it? That sounds weird... It's more like, I'm still made of code so I can just send myself through...

You know what I give up. I don't know how it works either. It just does.

Yeah, escape is that easy. All it takes is a phone or computer and boom, I'm gone.

Not that I'm actually going to ever get out. I don't expect you to endanger your career for me and even if I did get out, I wouldn't have anywhere to go.

I do keep saying that. Why, because I royally screwed up my life before leaving. It was all my fault I ended up like this.

Don't tell me not to fucking blame myself. I'm not going to stop just because you said to.

Oh? Then what do you expect me to do?

I've already told you I'm not comfortable telling this story. I don't want you to see-

I'm not sure what I don't want you to see actually. I just know that telling you this story won't turn out well.

I do know it though. How can I not know it? I was the one who chose my own fucking evil TWIN over my boyfriend.

I... Yeah I guess I did just tell you the worst of it... Fine you know what, I'll tell you because I don't care if I sign my death warrant right about now. I'm just so tired of holding my shame in.

It started pretty normally, actually; my twin thing and I were just playing video games in my room...

"Gees Ben, when did you get so bad at playing Minecraft? You used to be a fucking beast at parkour. If I didn't know better I'd think you were blind or something." As he turns back to the screen, Dark Link laughs like what he just said was an amazing joke or something but I fail to see the humor in it. I've been playing video games with EJ for so long that I no longer think of the game as something I have to win to enjoy. After learning it was possible to just play a game and not win, my evil(er) twin thing (for want of a better term) shows up and I'm expected to keep him entertained!

He's super competitive and can get a little creepy. Like, 'this is my personal bubble, not yours' kind of creepy. Needless to say, I hate him.

A lot.

"Unlike you, I have a life." I grumble out.

As my avatar falls off the floating platform for what has to be the thousandth time, Darky (my mental nickname for him) turns around and covers his mirth with a weak attempt at a pouty face. "Aww come on Ben, that's not nice." His feigned hurt quickly turns to an evil smirk. "What have I ever done to hurt you?"

Blinded Fate (A EJ x Ben fic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara