19// Gone...

•• Katelyn's POV ••

I'm done.

She should've stayed with me. Thanks to Shawn I hardly ever get to have alone time with my best friend.

Well, she was my best friend.

I let her go.

I may have overreacted, but this vacation was supposed to be for us.

Not for us and Shawn.

It wasn't meant for her to give up on her dreams of meeting Cameron and finding someone else.

I'm pissed.

She didn't even try to get me to stay.

I'm currently getting on my flight back home. Do I feel bad? Yes. Is it gonna keep me from going home? No.

I can't stay here and watch her have fun with someone else. She's supposed to be my best friend.

"Flight 621 to Houston, Texas is now boarding. Flight 621 to Houston, Texas is now boarding." The loud speaker says.

I guess it's time to get on the plane.

Goodbye Canada. Goodbye Lisa. Goodbye Shawn. And goodbye Jess.

I walked down the isle and took my seat. Luckily I'm by the window.

I sigh and take out my earbuds and turn my phone on airplane mode.

Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson. This song calms my nerves and before you knew it I was out like a light.

++++++++++++++++

"Wake up." An unfamiliar voice said. They tapped me over and over.

I ripped the earbud out of my ear and looked over to my right.

"Sorry to bother you miss, but we're about to land." The old lady sitting next to me stated.

I nodded and sat up buckling my seatbelt. The plane ride was quicker than I remember.

Probably because I was asleep the whole time. We gradually started getting closer to the ground and I couldn't wait.

I was so ready to be back home. Sure, Canada is great, but I missed Texas.

It's where I belong.

We finally landed and I quickly stood up, grabbed my carry on and hopped off the plane.

Where am I going? Back to Jessica's house? Yes. That's the only place I could go.

I called a taxi and told the driver the address. I need to get a job, and an apartment.

I can't live with Jess anymore.

I decided to call her mom and let her know I'd be coming to get my car and my sisters and we'd leave.

* phone call *

K: Hey Andrea, I just wanted to call and tell you that I'll be coming to your house and getting my sisters.

A: Oh, what happened? I thought you were in Canada with Jess.