Chapter 26 - "Will You Go On A Date With Me?"

Start from the beginning

I turn to her, surprised.

I never thought that she would apologize.

She pulls me closer to her with a tug, and I wrap my arms around her neck for support. Our chests collide in the most intimate way possible, and I let out an automatic groan at that.

Curse her ability to turn me on so badly.

"I'm sorry," She repeats once again, and I smile down at her in response.

"I know," I whisper, our lips separated by barely few millimeters. She looks up at me with twinkling silver orbs and then glances down at my lips, before she almost leaps forward, crashing her lips to mine.

I laugh at her enthusiasm, but kiss he back with enough of my own to match hers, nonetheless.

===

"Please don't be upset, Nic. She will pull through." I cajole in a low voice, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She sniffles slightly. "Her voice though. Dr. Rosaline said that she might not get it," She turns her back to me, pulling the sheets closer to her body.

Nicole returned home an hour ago, after spending the entire day with her friend in the hospital. At first, I thought it was the same girl whom she was dating, but then I found out that it wasn't her, but the tiny Asian who was with her the other day when she was upset over Emerald.

"No. I'm sure that her sweet voice will remain intact." I say in the most assuring voice, trying to pull the sheets away from her half-covered face. She rolls away from me, hiccuping slightly as she hides her tear-stained face from my view.

"But the injury is severe." She whines sadly, and her voice comes out muffled due to the sheets.

"Nicole..." I sigh, unable to find words.

"Come here," I say and pull her close, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

She pulls away from me once again, but I hold her close despite her attempts to escape. She finally gives in and collapses in my arms, sniffling softly.

I rub her back soothingly, not able to do anything else.

===

"So you planned?" Beta Ezra asks, as he enters my open room casually, not even knocking or announcing his arrival before he does so.

"Yeah..." I sigh, wary to tell him because of what he might think of it.

"Tell me." He says excitedly, his eyes lighting up, as he takes a seat on the edge of my neatly made bed.

I put the pencil down and close my workbook, spinning around fully on my chair to face him.

"Uh, okay..."

I spend the next 10 minutes, stumbling and stuttering over my words as I explain what I have in mind. Beta Ezra intercepts and makes a few corrections, pointing out a few things. We argue over what's best and finally, finalize the plan.

"This is it. Now you rehearse." He says, clapping his hands once as he smirks rakishly.

My stomach does a somersault yet again, but I nod, standing up.

I will do it.

===

You'll do it, right?

I read the words scrawled across the small triangular piece of unfolded paper in the familiar messy penmanship, and look up, meeting the questioning eyes of the Beta.