Chapter SEVEN

{Tedros}

It's been 52 hours since Agatha disappeared. My entire body is aching with fatigue, but I can't sleep. The vison of her crumpled face is etched into my eyelids, haunting me every time I close my eyes. I have no clue where the heck she is, nor do I have any idea what I would say to her if I did find her.

 Hey Agatha, sorry 'bout what I said earlier, I know I said that I wish I had never met you but just ignore it, yeah?

Not.

I feel like this time, things have been ruined for good. This time, she's been shattered into a million pieces, and I will never be able to put her back together.

All the beautiful memories that we had together are cycling through my mind constantly leaving me crushed.

++++++++++++++++++++++

6 months earlier

Agatha runs towards me, her face glowing and her perfect lip stretched into a wide smile. I jump off my horse and sweep her into my arms, twirling her around.

"I'm so glad you're back" She gasps, clutching onto me. "I missed you so much"

"Yeah, me too" I pull her closer to me and kiss her, cupping her face in my hands. A ball of sun explodes in my chest, sending waves of tingles pounding through my body.

She's smiling through the kiss, her long dark lashes dropped to her cheeks.

"How tired are you?" She questions when we finally break away.

"Pretty knackered" I yawn. "I had better have a nap before the celebration feast"

"Wait...How did you know about that?" She looks put out.

"Agatha, I've lived at Camelot most of my life. Every time the scouting party returns from a long journey there is a 'surprise feast'."

"Oh well" She sighs. "I guess it really is impossible to surprise Tedros of Camelot"

"Don't beat yourself up about it" I say fondly.

She just arches her brow and smirks. "Come on, the rest of the knights arrived ages ago" She grabs my arm and leads me into the castle, laughing.

+++++++++++++

I wake up curled next to Agatha, her hand playing the curls on the nape of my neck.

"So sleeping beauty finally woke up" She smirks. "You do know that you feel asleep while talking to me about the expedition?"

"Yeah...sorry 'bout that" I say drowsily.

"Well, you should probably get up soon because the not so surprise feast is starting soon."

"Let them wait" I burrow into her arms.

"Says the soon to be king of Camelot" She laughs. "Stop being a baby and get up"

I roll off the couch in Agatha's room and walk to my room to get dressed.

++++++++++++

The feast goes well enough, apart from the fact that I'm bored out of my mind for most of it. I'm forced to sit at the head of the table, surrounded by my advisors, whereas Agatha is farther down sitting next to Sophie. I'm relieved when it is finally over and I can go to my room and sleep for the next week.

Agatha catches up to me in the hall, grabbing my arm.

"Don't go to bed quite yet" She grins. "I've got something to show you"