Do the dead like tea?

When Nico woke up it took him a moment to remember who it was in his bed with him. He made himself stay perfectly still until he remembered that he had let Toby sleep in the same bed as him. He then opened his eyes slowly to look at the boy next to him. Toby's eyes were still closed, his lips parted slightly. His skin looked less pale when it wasn't in contrast to the dark bags that had been under his eyes. Nico could tell from the quality of light that it was between early and mid morning. Later than he would usually get up at any rate, but he was not sure he had the heart to wake Toby, he looked so peaceful just then.

He could see Toby's eyes moving under his lids as he dreamed and his lips moved fractionally. Nico wished he could see what he was dreaming about. The cat had struggled out from between that at some point in the night allowing Nico to shift a little bit closer. This close he could Toby mumbling softly, though it wasn't distinct enough for Nico to pick out any words. He hoped that Toby's dream was a good one, but from the way Toby's fingers were twitching on Nico's waist he suspected it wasn't. He was saved having to decide if he should wake him up by a knock on the door that made Toby start awake anyway.

"Nico are you awake?" Masky's voice called from the other side of the door.

"Yep." Nico called back, watching Toby as he looked around the room as if trying to figure out where he was.

"Okay well come out soon, alright? Slenderman would like to spend the morning exploring your powers before you come into town with us." Masky didn't mention anything about Toby, which Nico appreciated.

"Alright I'll be out soon. Where would Slenderman like me to meet him?" There was a momentary pause.

"He says out in the yard will be fine, it's going to rain tomorrow so we might as well make the most of the good weather while it's here." Nico nodded forgetting for a moment that Masky couldn't see him, then remembered and called out an affirmative.

"How did you sleep?" Nico asked Toby after he heard Masky's footsteps move away from the door.

"Better than I have in a long time." Toby said smiling at Nico and stretching. "You?"

"The same." Nico answered contentedly pulling away from Toby as he twitched and getting out of bed.

"By the way do you have any clothes I could borrow? I forgot to bring any with me when I ran away and I don't really want to go back to get them."

Any clothes of Toby's would be a little too big for Nico, but he seemed to be the closest to Nico's size. Well besides BEN, and Nico certainly didn't want to mimic his style.

"Of course, I know that feeling." Toby said laughing and rolling out of bed as well. "Maybe we can do some clothes shopping for you while we're in town too."

"We don't have to, I could easily shadow travel back to camp at night after curfew when no ones out and grab some of my stuff. I just can't during the day." Toby shrugged and led the way out of Nico's room towards his own room.

"I might just drag you shopping anyway, I'm stupidly fond of it but I'm boring to shop for. I think you might be more fun." Toby said walking into his room, leaving the door open for Nico and began rummaging through a dresser.

"If you want to." Nico said shrugging as he looked around Toby's room, it looked a lot like Nico's room only more lived in.

There were posters on the walls of things that Nico didn't recognize, clothes piled on a chair in the corner. When he wandered over to look at the bookshelf he realized it consisted almost entirely of graphic novels and comic books, that were definitely Toby's.

"There we go, these are a bit small for me so they should fit you okay." Toby said tossing a pair of slightly faded jeans onto the bed, quickly followed by a pair of underwear and a black T-shirt. Nico was grateful there was some black.