Chapter III

Rey's POV:

I followed him down the long hallway until we reached a staircase and made our way to the very bottom floor. Which led us to any empty room with a very few dim lights which hung randomly around the room. Once both inside, he closed the door behind us and positioned himself across the room from me.

I took a couple of seconds to study his face, while we stood in silence. Standing this close made me notice how deep his eyebrows furrowed when he was concentrated or deep in thought. His eyes weren't as dark as you think when you look at them up close. Although his height could be intimidating, he never really used it towards his advantage.

I decided to break the silence, since it was beginning to get more awkward than usual." Are we going to do anything besides stand here all day?"

"I was just waiting for you to finish checking me out so you could concentrate on today's lesson." A similar smirk was forming again on his lips.

"I wasn't checking you out," I quickly defended.

"Oh really, than why were you staring at me?"

"I wasn't," only a few minutes with him and he was already making me lose my temper, "can we please just start with whatever you're going to teach me. The sooner we finish the better."

"Okay then let's start," He moved to the farthest corner from me before continuing, "you're clearly strong with the force already so we'll skip the basics, but you do need to learn how to protect your thoughts and feelings from others."

"Have you been on my head lately?" I questioned.

"No, but today I will be. So let me tell you how this is going to work. You'll think of something or pull a memory you'd like me to see and I'll simply search your thoughts for it and view it, but you have to try to block it away from me."

This couldn't be so hard, it would probably take me a couple tries to get the hang of it.

"Ready?" he asked.

I nodded, closed my eyes, and brought toward the memory of me having the upper hand against Kylo when we last battled. I was planning on shielding it, but I couldn't give up such a good opportunity of reminding him his defeat. I could feel him take the memory and a smile began forming on my lips.

"You're not even trying Rey." he remarked. "It wasn't even a fair fight to start off with, I was already injured plus I let you have the upper hand."

"Uh-huh, you're just to embarrassed to look weak." I scoffed.

"You're getting on my last nerve here, so either shut up and continue or let me take you back to your cell. "

Sore loser.

Both of his hands were formed into tight fists by now and he now showed an expression full of annoyance.

"Fine, fine, let's go again then."

I needed to learn how to hide my thoughts from him especially if I wanted to succeed in my plan.

The second time, I relived the memory of when I first met Finn on Jakku. It was the first time I had made a friend in years or at least as long as I could remember. This time I did my best to shield my thoughts. At first, I didn't feel Kylo reach the memory so I had thought I had succeeded, but only a few seconds later I felt him take it. This was going to be harder than I thought.

Kylo Ren's POV:

We've been training for hours now and I could almost swear that her next attempt was going to be successful. She was learning how to use the force faster than I did. She would soon become stronger than me if I didn't finish my training with Master Snoke.