4 - Different

Jungkook made me ditch school and now, we're eating in a convenience store. I'm slurping my spicy ramen noodles and a bit of pickled radish while he eats dukbokki. I stared at him as my long eyelashes slightly cover my sight. I still had no response to his date me. There was an awkward silence between us.

I bought a small carton of milk to relieve the burning sensation on my tongue and sipped it slowly.

I ate some of my noodles again before chewing on a small cube of pickled radish. I was about to grab my carton, but Jungkook took it instead. He sipped a bit before giving it back to me. That's basically an indirect kiss... There was a slight red mark on the carton from the dukbokki sauce. "You can have it then," I pushed the carton back to him. "Drink," he looked sternly. I pouted before grabbing the carton of milk into my hands again and sipped it a small amount.

     "You're a meanie."

     "But I'm your meanie then," he mumbled under his breath. My eyes widened, but I pretended I didn't hear it. My phone buzzed in my bag for a second. I looked at the screen and saw a text message.

Min Yeon:

Yah! Where are you? Did you ditch school without me? ARE YOU EATING RAMEN WITHOUT ME? ARE YOU DATING SOMEONE?

How did she even figure most of that out in the first place? It's like she's a fortune teller. Creepy. I quickly send her back a text.

Convenience store. Ramen. And Jungkook. Make sure you don't get caught with your phone. :P

Min Yeon:

     Jungkook? Who's that?

Me:

     Never mind. I'll tell you the next time I see you. Gotta go now. Bye.

"I'm going to go now," I threw out my garbage and as I'm about to go out the door, Jungkook grabbed my arm. "Wait for me," he throws out his stuff and slightly waddles like a penguin back to me. "Where are we going now?" He flashes me his bright and innocent smile. "Home," my eyes blinked multiple times and he mimics me. "Stop it," I murmured. "Stop it," he said in the same tone.

     My eyebrows furrowed as I started fast-walking to my house. He follows me—a few steps away, but he could easily catch up.

I tried to ignore him at first, but my introverted bubble bursted. I stop in my steps and yell at him, "Why are you following me?" He gave a short response with "home" and looked into my hazel eyes afterwards. I sigh, slightly annoyed as I rubbed my forehead. "Okay. You should go home anyways. Why am I even asking you?," I turn back around and continue my short route to my house. Once I got to my house, I unlocked the door and as I'm about to close it, a foot held it open.

"Oh, Namjoon."

     Jungkook's hand waved to the person behind me. Namjoon gently placed my brother back down onto the ground and walked towards the door. "You guys know each other?" I asked. They both nodded and replied with, "we're friends." Huh. That's weird. I opened the door a bit wider, enough to see Jungkook's complete body. He barged in all of a sudden, taking me by surprise.

     He reached for my brother and picked him up, giving him a light kiss on the cheek.

"Nice to see he's even still in one piece. I'm surprised," Jungkook joked. "I know right," Namjoon shook his head at himself. I stood there in the midst of their conversation, confused at what they were trying to say. I locked the door closed and placed my bag onto the floor. I hung my jacket in my room's closest and walked back to the living room.

     Jungkook and Namjoon played with my brother, waving his small arms around gently in the air. "I think you guys can go now," I said.

     Namjoon stood up and wore his coat. He bowed while he said a quiet goodbye and exited out the door. "Why aren't you leaving?" I nudged Jungkook on the back with my fingertip. "I don't have a home," his head turns to look at me innocently with teary, brown eyes. My jaw stays open at his response. I can't believe it. I can't. How did he even live out there then?

"You don't have any close relatives to stay with?" I asked with a bit of sympathy. He shook his head, staying silent as he continued to play with my brother. I thought of a solution, but that won't be easy on me if my parents finds out. I was a bit hesitant about the idea though. "You can stay at my house for tonight then," I blurted, wondering what it would be like if I was Jungkook.

     "Tomorrow you probably have to go also since my parents might come home," I bit my lips nervously. He nodded tiredly as his eyes started to flutter.

"You can sleep in the guest room for tonight," I smiled, "are you afraid of the dark?" Jungkook shook his head and I nodded. "You should go take a shower for now. I'll bring you some clothes," I led him to the bathroom and closed the door behind him. I saw my brother sleeping on the ground and I picked him up in my arms. I walked to my room and placed him into his crib. I took out the clothes that I had bought for my father, but I had forgotten to give it to him on Father's Day. I folded them neatly into a pile and placed them at the side of the guest bed.

I carried a pillow and a blanket over to the guest room and placed it onto the bed as well. I heard the water stop running in the bathroom and the door creaking as it opened.

I walked out of the room but I bumped into a figure. My eyes closed instinctively. I scooted out of the room. Jungkook chuckled before closing the guest room door. My eyes opened and I sighed in relief. That was close. I looked back at the wooden door separating me and Jungkook, before walking to my room. There was a photo of me and a boy who I used to know from my childhood. But I don't know anymore. I took the photo out of its frame and ripped it into small pieces, throwing them into the garbage bin.

     I was once blinded by him. I didn't know about his actions and his emotions towards other people. I'm not as naive as I used to be. I trusted everyone's lies and truths, but what's the point of believing now. I changed a lot and I won't change back to my past self.

     I am different.

     I am a whole new different person.

~

This chapter was awful. I didn't know what to write so I just wrote whatever I could. It's also cheesy and unrealistic obviously. I'm so tired and I just finished my homework as well except Spanish. I have a cold and a stuffy nose. I hate my life.

Also I hate my volleyball team. They're so annoying.

From your author,
Flora Lee