Chapter 14

3 months had quickly passed since the Dragneel's return. Lucy was in the hospital with Natsu by her side. The baby was to be born any day now. Erza, Gray, Wendy, Carla, Happy &, of course, Zeref occasionally came to visit for a while. Lucy had an ultrasound a few months back to find out the gender of her baby-it would be a girl. On the outside, Natsu simply smiled, but on the inside he melted of pure happiness & joy. As the soon-to-be parents waited patiently for their daughter to decedent to come out into the world, the doctors & nurses told them what they would need to know about raising a newborn. While one of the nurses was talking about burping the baby, Lucy started to have contractions. "Don't worry, Mrs. Dragneel, just breath! Mr. Dragneel, do you want to hold her hand while I get the other nurses?" Natsu didn't have to respond, he quickly grabbed Lucy's hand & tried his best to comfort her while the nurse went to get help. 2 other nurses soon were by the side of the first nurse, ready to deliver Natsu & Lucy's first baby. Lucy's celestial spirits waited impatiently in the waiting room to see their beloved master. Aries held Plue in her her left arm, while trying to calm Loke with her left arm. "Don't worry, Leo, she'll be fine!" The pinkette calmingly said. "How can I calm down?! Lucy's having a baby & it sound like it hurts!"
"Giving birth does hurt, but only for a while. Lucy-san is strong, besides, she has Natsu-san beside her."
"Like that helps..." 20 minutes later, the sound of a crying baby was heard. Over with Natsu, Lucy & Nurse Sophia, Lucy gave birth to a healthy baby girl with pink hair & brown eyes. Nurse Sophia left the new parents for a couple minutes after cleaning the baby. "Natsu..." Lucy said happily, looking at their newborn daughter. "Shes beautiful, like her mom." Natsu kissed Lucy's forehead. "She has your hair, Natsu."
"She has your eyes, Luce." The new parents almost melted. Nurse Sophia soon came back & took the baby away to make sure she's strong & healthy, while Lucy rested. "Natsu." Lucy weakly said. "Luce, you need to get some rest."
"I have to pee..." Lucy lazily said. Natsu laughed. "You're so weird, Luce. Don't teach our baby to be a weirdo like you."
"Shut up..." Natsu kissed his wife. "Now, you're like the other guys, a husband with a baby to take care of." Lucy smiled. She, Lucy Dragneel, has a daughter. The thought of having a baby scared her a little, but she knew she'd have Natsu beside her. Sure she was trained to know what to do with a baby, but having a real baby-one that cries, poops & needs attention 24/7- that's different. Natsu on the other hand was completely terrified. He was raised by a dragon! He didn't know anything about taking care of a child! What if he dropped her? What if he didn't feed her? What if he lost her? He knew he had to be honest with Lucy, but he'll tell her later, she needs her rest. "Mr. Dragneel, can I have a word with you?"
"Yea." Natsu got up from his seat next to Lucy's hospital bed & walked into the hallway. "What's up? Anything wrong?" Natsu looked at Nurse Sophia with concern. "Oh no, nothing's wrong, I just need you & Mrs. Dragneel to fill out this form."
"Will do." Natsu walked back into the room & sat next to Lucy. "What're going to name her?"
"You're suppose to be resting." Natsu complained. "I'll get rest when I know the name of our baby."
"You pick. She gets my last name, so you pick her first."
"Nashi. I like Nashi."
"Nashi Dragneel it is."