Ch. 12: Now You Know

Start from the beginning

Well that wasn't very nice... then again, when is Trish ever nice to me?

-------

Austin reached to grab my hand. I accepted his hand and took his hand.

We walked by Trish's house. I started thinking.

"Austin...I should really go talk to her." I sighed.

"Are you sure? What if she's not in the mood?" He pointed out.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take." I say pulling my purse over my shoulder.

I start to walk away and I feel myself being pulled back to Austin. "Good luck." He whispers before kissing me.

I kiss him back. "I'll talk you later, okay." I say.

"Okay...are you gonna need a ride?" He asked. Gesturing that he could pick me up.

"No. My dad can pick me up." I smiled.

"Alright. See ya later." He smiled.

"Bye.." I whisper and walk up to Trish's doorstep.

I knock first. Hopefully her parents would answer.

The door opens. "Oh hello Ally." Trish's mom welcomes me with a warm, welcoming smile.

"Hi..is Trish here?" I ask causiously.

"Yes. She's in her room. She seemed kinda down. Maybe a visit from her best friend will make we feel better." She says with a wink.

"Thanks." I smile and step inside. I walk upstairs to Trish's room. This is the second time I've had to knock on her door.

"Trish?" I ask as I knock.

She opens the door right away and pulls me in, "Thank goodness your here!" She exclaims giving me a hug.

I hug her back, "Great to see you too. So why have you been hiding out lately?" I ask.

She shifts uncomfortably and looks at her floor.

"Ally there's something I really need to tell you..." She mumbles.

"Go on...." I urged her.

"Ally...-" she paused nervously, "I'm pregnant...." She spits out.

I stare at her in shock. She and Dallas just started dating! He was the father right?

"R-really?" I choke.

She nods, tears burning in her eyes, "And Dallas isn't the father..." She began.

What! Could this get any worse! Trish's family was going to kill her!

"If it isn't Dallas...then who's the father?" I ask nervously.

She swallows hard, "Dez."

I'm even more shocked. So let me get this straight she's dating Dallas and she's pregnant with Dez's child? How?

"H-how?" I stutter, still shocked.

"It's hard to explain.." She mumbles.'

"Trish! This is serious." I say. I was kinda scared...

"Well..." She began, "This was before so started dating Dallas. I was secretly dating Dez and we ya know....but then he broke up with me and I kinda am lost." She said tears fogging up her eyes.

"Oh Trish, I'm so sorry!" I say throwing my arms around her in a friendly hug.

She begins to cry into my shoulder. I feel so horrible and helpless. How could this happen?

"Ally..." Trish says glancing up at me.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Can you go now? I really wanna be alone." She asks nicely.

I wanted to argue, "Sure." I reply. Without any more questions I quietly leave. This was terrible. I called my dad to pick me up but he didn't answer. Great now I'm stuck here...and my house is on the other side if town! I scroll through my contact list and one catches my eye. Austin.

I dial Austin's number. It's like 10:00 at night! Like he wants to come pick me up.

"Hello?" His amazing voice asks.

"Hi Austin." I say smiling to myself at the sound of his voice.

"Ally? Is something wrong?" He asked.

"No it's just I'm stuck at Trish's house...do you think you could come pick me up?" I asked nervously. I felt kind if rude.

"Sure I'll be there soon!" He said almost thrilled.

"Bye." I reply and hand up. I sat down on the step waiting for Austin to arrive.

10 minutes later Austin pulled up in his car.

"Hey Ally." He greets me and comes out to where I was.

"Hi Austin. Thank you so much for coming!" I exclaim throwing my arms around him.

He chuckles, "No problem." He hugs me back.

He picks me up and carries me to the car.

I plop down in my seat, "You going home?" He asks.

"Yeah...sorry it's so far." I sigh.

"It's fine Ally I really don't mind." He assures me.

I smile.

"So did you find out what was wrong with Trish?" He asks.

I nod nervously. A sad look appearing on my face.

"What's wrong?" He asks, forgetting about Trish.

"Oh nothing. It's just...Trish." She answers.

"What about her?" He asks again.

"She's..." I pause, "pregnant..." I wait for him to reply before I tell him the other part.

His face goes pale, "What?" He asks shocked.

He had the exact same reaction as me. I just nod.

"Who's the father?" He asks.

I sigh..."Dez..." I mumble quietly.

Although he heard me. "D-Dez...like in my best friend...that Dez?" He replies shocked.

"Yes."

"So Dez and Trish are having a baby..." He says blankly.

"I guess." I sigh.

"That's-great.." He stated. But he knew it wasn't a good thing.

I nod...this was terrible! Trish was 16...almost 17. Dez was 17 but he was Dez!

"Austin you don't have to lie to me...it's horrible." I say.

"I know. I mean they are so young. Does Dez even know?" He asks now thinking outside the box.

"I don't think so. Probably not." I answer.

"I better tell him then-" I stop him.

"NO!" I watch his face get lost in confusion, "Trish has to do it...I shouldn't have even told you."

He sighs loudly, "Your right. I won't tell anyone."

"Good. Really all we can do is be there for our friends. After all they are still our best friends. I mean this does make a different but we will always be friends. We just have to be friends."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So there ya go! Now you know Trish's big secret!

Thanks to @prettylover123 and Rauralover4ever you all get a surprise chapter because they both kinda solved the mystery. So you should go and follow them!

Please comment and vote!

~Emma(: