.2. The Spark

.2. The Spark

I woke up tired and groggy. Sitting up in bed, I remembered the incident of the previous night. Had it really happened? Had I, Ginny Weasley, kissed Neville Longbottom... and liked it?

I pinched myself on the arm and flinched. Well, I was awake, certainly, but was last night a dream? No, it couldn't be, I thought to myself, you don't just dream up an entire day!

I peeked through my bed curtains and looked towards Nina's bed, which was empty, the covers neatly folded with the tapestries tied back. She must've gone down to breakfast, or off to find Dean. I rolled my eyes, knowing it was probably the latter. I think her crush on Cedric had all but disappeared after last night.

I got up and got dressed into a plain sweatshirt and trousers, then made my way down the dormitory stairs, only to be stopped next to the portrait hole by my brothers, the twins Fred and George.

"So Ginny, have a good time last night?" One twin asked curiously.

The other, who I think might have been George chuckled. "Yeah, did you, perhaps, get to know Neville a lot better?" They both grinned evilly.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I stuck my chin in the air and stepped out of the portrait hole, making my way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Unfortunately, as I reached the first set of stairs, I ended up bumping into Lucy Mae Smith, a pure-blood fourth year, who was in the Slytherin house. She had long dark brown hair and she had dyed a emerald green stripe to symbolise the "Glory of Slytherin" as she called it, and she was a beater for their Quidditch team. A good beater at that, I thought sadly, despite her tall and skinny frame.

"Watch it, Jenny!" She hissed, pushing her way passed me, nearly knocking me down the stairs in the process.

"Um Lucy, my name's actually Ginny." I whispered.

She turned round and glared at me. "Yeah? Well I couldn't care less! Oh, and for your information, the name's Mae, not Lucy." She put such venom into the name 'Lucy' that I flinched.

A male voice from behind me spoke up. "Mae! I've been looking all over for you! You didn't tell me if you had fun last night," none other than Draco Malfoy walked up to us and put his arm around Mae. He looked down his nose at me, the disgust evident on his face and sneered. "What do you want, blood traitor?"

Mae pecked Draco's cheek. "Oh it doesn't matter, we just finishing our conversation, Draco. Let's go, she isn't worth any more of our time." They walked off laughing as if Mae had just told the funniest joke in the world.

Once Draco and Mae had rounded the corner I heard some very disturbing noises coming from their direction which made me shudder. How could they be so intimate in the open? I knew when the caretaker, Mr Filch found them, he'd go ballistic.

Put off the prospect of eating, I decided to spend some time near the Black Lake, since I hadn't in a while and the sounds of the water were always soothing.

As I reached the lake, I realised I had some very familiar company. I walked round to the tree where I always sat, and there he was, Neville, causing me to stop in my tracks. Last night flooded into my mind...

No, I had to act normal. One kiss wouldn't change anything, would it? Unless Neville felt those sparks that shocked my body as well? Or worse, he felt nothing?

I took a deep breath and sat myself next to him. "Hey, Neville." I smiled, tucking my hair behind my ears, which was completely useless as the wind suddenly grew stronger and my hair started to whip round my head.

Neville flashed a small smile back. "Hey, Ginny."

"I suppose I should thank you, for last night. I had a really good time." I told him nervously. How would he react?

He blushed but smiled knowingly. "So did I, it was great!" He looked down at my hand which lay limp on the grass and he grasped it. "Thank you, Ginny, for attending with me, it was amazing."

Now it was my turn to blush. Looking away, I whispered. "No, it was magical."

"Literally!" Neville replied and we both burst into laughter, even though it wasn't that funny.

"Oh Neville," I said once I had regained control of my body, "you are quite funny sometimes!"

"Really?" He said hopefully, beaming at me. I nodded in reply. "Oh Ginny, you're just so... kind and nice and pretty and-" Neville cocked his head to the side, as if he was considering something.

Suddenly, his face was making it's way towards mine with rapid speed. My body seemed to have a mind of it's own as my face started to move towards his as well.

Soon our lips met and the world around me ceased to exist. Everything was Neville and Neville only. Shocks exploded through my body and I found my hands tangled in his hair, and his hands gently resting on my body pulling me closer every second.

The kiss soon grew very passionate and I knew if we didn't stop soon, things would spiral out of control. There were limits at Hogwarts, and the Black Lake was quite popular.

I carefully pulled my lips away from his and instead rested my head on his shoulder. Everything was silent apart from the ripples of the water and our ragged breathing.

I sighed, knowing this is what I had been waiting for since the beginning of the year: to feel comfortable and safe in a boys arms, without a care in the world.

Nina was going to love this!

~~~

Hey! Sorry if you don't like the song choice, I really didn't know what to put. Pic is of the 'last dance' mentioned in the last chapter. Some of you may think that they may be going a little to fast, so to this I say a few things:

1. They have known each other for at least three years.

2. Next chapter will prove they aren't going really fast.

3. Its MAGIC! Anything can happen =D

Bee, x