Why So Silent?

WHY SO SILENT?

PROLOGUE

His face showed no sign of regret as he turned away from my father’s lifeless body. Crying, I shook my father, trying to revive him of whatever state he was in. But, he didn’t move out of his state of unconsciousness, his heart not beating and his breath gone. But, I was quite the opposite. I was wide awake, the gun giving me a shock, my heart was beating at a rapid speed and my breath was ragged in the cold, November air.

                “You cannot save him,” the man said in front of me.

                I gave him a helpless look. “Y-you killed him.”

                The man narrowed his eyes. “Yes, I have. This man had stolen something from me, and this isn’t the first time.” He sighed. “You look so much like him.”

                I looked up at the man who killed my father with my green, tear filled eyes. “Why did you kill him? Why did you kill my father?” I yelled.

                The man didn’t waver at my raised voice. Instead, he muttered some strange word I couldn’t hear or understand. “I cannot have you speaking this to others,” he whispered, just loud enough for me to hear. “Now, you are not to speak at all.”

                I was just about to ask him what he meant, but when I opened my mouth, not a sound came out. Only air came through my open lips, but the words were caught in my throat. I touched my neck, looking down at my hand.

                The mysterious boy smirked, his eyes cold and dark.

                “You will not speak of this to anyone.” Then he disappeared, leaving me with no voice and all of my questions unanswered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read, Comment, Vote, Enjoy!