sober

Violet Harmon: so luna how'd your /thing/ go?

Monte Carlo: yes share pls

Surfer Sienna: thing???

Violet Harmon: Luna went on a date with Zain

Surfer Sienna: whAT

Monte Carlo: it is true

Violet Harmon: did he make the moon rise? ;-)

reply: honestly Violet how do I even respond-

reply: it was nice btw

Violet Harmon: ugh you always skimp on the details

reply: u could always ask Zain 4 them lol

Surfer Sienna: ya ok right sure uh huh alright

Monte Carlo: Luna you cruel girl :(

reply: if i send a pic will u guys b satisfied

An explosion of replies burst after I sent that and I sighed.

reply: IMG_0812

Violet Harmon: omg his hair is silver

Surfer Sienna: AWH TWINS :'-)

I sighed as my phone blew up with a thousand more responses from the three of them. This was exactly why I always "skimp on the details" as Violet put it. It could be worse I guess like if they acted this way around Zain in person. They did tend to stare at us at school quite a lot though but tomorrow was the start of a new week so maybe they'll stop that. But ya know, probably not.

reply: man its getting l8 c u @ school tomorrow friends :P

Monte Carlo: but you did not answer questions :(

Violet Harmon: it's okay Monte we'll interrogate her at school

Monte Carlo: yes and Lou can help me corner Zain in art

Violet Harmon: that's the spirit :-)

reply: omg bYE

I couldn't help but giggle at them. Yeah, they were a bit much when it came to the topic of Zain and I but the truth was it made the sparks in my chest erupt and I didn't actually mind all the blushing. I was getting used to the idea of us the more time I spent with Zain and I didn't care so much that there wasn't a label. Although a part of me- which seemed to grow bigger by the day- kind of wished there was. I mean, what could possibly be so terrible about having someone that you call boyfriend and spend all of your time with? If a boyfriend is a person that lights something inside of you and the minutes that pass between you are counted by the amount of laughs, kisses and heartbeats, then it really wasn't terrible at all.

At that exact point in my life I could feel the tender edges of the healing wounds on my heart burning and I was actually afraid that what was inside might burst through the delicate seams. I liked Zain so much. I liked his quick wit, his carefully artistic hands that were always covered in metal, the way he looked when he smoked or just any time. I liked how his sunshine eyes radiated whenever he was around his family or listening to music, how he always said things to annoy me, how he prided himself off of his "badass" appearance. I liked the way his scorching touches turned feather soft when he was about to kiss me, the ridiculous way he laughed that was so different like everything else about him, the way his fiery soul pulled the waves in mine impossibly closer to him. And I hope, after all this time, my own soul rose the tides between us and maybe he would think that a girlfriend, however predictable or whatever she may be, really wasn't terrible at all.