Chapter 5: "Jet" Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams

Start bij het begin

"What the?!" Jet exclaimed, trying to free his weapon.

"Kaiden?!" Aang said, surprised when he saw him.

"No talk time!" Kaiden replied super quickly, "Plan now!"

Jet wrenched his harpoon free, "Who are you?"

"You don't need to know," Kaiden answered, "Just know that you betrayed my friends. And I don't take too kindly to that."

Jet growled and charged, swinging his harpoons, but then the weapons begun spinning his body around, almost making him lose balance and fall. He glanced back up at Kaiden, who gave a cheeky grin.

"You're not the brightest of individuals, are you?" he taunted.

Jet swung again, but this time, Kaiden jumped behind Aang, who let out a huge burst of air. Jet smashed against the tree trunk and lost his balance. As he fell, he managed to snag onto a branch with his harpoons. Jet then noticed Aang's staff drop. Aang jumped after it, but Jet, in turn, jumped after him. Jet caught up, grabbed a tree branch, and kicked Aang into the tree, sending Aang tumbling to the ground.

"Aang!" Kaiden yelled, his pole transforming into a board.

As he landed on the ground, Jet was blasted with a wave of water. Kaiden watched as Katara sent wave after wave of water at Jet, slamming him into the tree trunk. She then took a deep breath, freezing the water trapping Jet to the tree.

"Why Jet?" Katara asked in a shaky voice, "I can't believe I trusted you. You lied to me! You're sick and I trusted you!!"

The Jet began to whistle quite loudly.

"What are you doing?" Katara asked Jet.

"You're too late," Jet answered.

"No!" Katara gasped as they turned to look behind them.

And they could only watch as a flaming arrow hit the dam, causing a massive flood to engulf the nearby town.

"Yep..." Kaiden squeaked, "Not good..."

"Sokka didn't make it in time..." Aang said sorrowfully.

"All those people..." Katara sniffed, then turning to Jet, "Jet, you monster!"

"This was a victory, Katara," Jet said grimly, "Remember that. The Fire Nation is gone and this valley will be safe."

"It will be safe!"

Everyone turned to see Sokka riding on Appa, "Without you."

"Sokka!" Kaiden exclaimed.

"Oh hey!" Sokka said looking at Kaiden, but then turned to Jet, "I warned the villagers about your plan. Just in time."

"Sokka, you fool!" Jet yelled, "We could've freed this valley!"

"Free it from who?" Kaiden asked, "There's no one for miles. Trust me, I know."

"Who would be free anyway?" Sokka agreed, "Everyone would be dead."

"You traitor," Jet spat.

"No Jet. You became the traitor when you stopped protecting innocent people."

"Katara, please," Jet begged, "Help me."

"Oh please," Kaiden scoffed, "You'll melt... Eventually."

"Goodbye Jet," Katara said, not even bothering to look at him.

As the three got on Appa, Sokka stated, "Yip yip."

And Appa took off.
_______________________________
After a quick joke about Sokka's instincts, Team Avatar took the time to read Kaiden's book. It didn't take long for them to realize what was going on.

"You're..." Katara stuttered, "You're this Image person?!"

"Apparently," Kaiden replied, "After that, I searched for you guys. I had a promise to keep, ya know."

Katara smiled as Aang commented, "So, if you're the Image, does that mean..."

"Yep," Kaiden answered, "I'm destined to help you fight the Fire Lord and learn the three other elements. I'm with you, like it or not."

Aang shrugged and grinned, "I don't have a problem with it. You seem like a good fighter."

"And we can trust him," Sokka agreed.

"Welcome to the team, Kaiden," Katara smiled warmly.

Kaiden nodded, 'Let's do this.'
_______________________________
Wow, this chapter was a lot easier to write than I thought... Hopefully that's a good omen. Also, the first half of this chapter... I really threw a curveball there. Till next time guys!