Can We Forgive?

(Santo)

"Why are you now just telling me this Summer?" I asked. She just keeps her head down.

"WHY?!"

She picks her head up,"I DON'T KNOW!! MAYBE BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID THAT YOU WOULD HIT ME AGAIN!! AND YOU EXPECT ME TO CALL YOU AFTER WHAT YOU DID,AND IT ALL ENDS WELL?!!"

The kids come downstairs from the elevator. "Mommy is eveyting otay?" They sit on a chair together. All three of them.

She keeps talking... But in a different language? "LA COSAS SON COMPLICADAS!"

I turn to the kids. "What is she doing? Is everything okay?" I asked as Summer kept talking.

"Yeah,she just mad, so she spweaking spwanish." Shay answered.

"You guys are Mexican?!" I asked.

"No,Mommy is."

Then Summer starts speaking a different language. "I ESSAIE D'AMÉLIORER LES CHOSES!!"

"Now she spweaking Pawis." Dre said.

"You mean French?"

"That what I say." He does the 'da f***' sign. This little boy! Just like his dad.

"Well,what do we do?" I asked them.

"We pwetend to wisten." Ni'Shaya explained.

"Oh." We all looked at her and nodded our heads like we were listening. Then she finally stops and goes to the elevator. "Come on kids."

"Now what?"

"Now you just made she pwain mwad." They get up and run into the elevator. Okay.

***

A while later I finally decide to talk to Summer. She seemed pretty mad. After all,I have to agree with her that it was my fault. I go to what must be her room and see her sitting on the bed in a black crop top with some grey sweats. She still has that body and style.

"Hey Summer,what's up?"

"The roof,or the sky. Whichever one you want."

I smiled. "I like the roof better," Then I remember earlier. "Hey,about earlier I-"

"Honestly don't care. It was a mistake,and you got over excited. I would've did the same thing."

I smiled again and go sit by her. "So you forgive me?" I looked at her.

She turns around and smiles,"I forgive you."

"Good,because I got scared when you were speaking those different languages. We both laughed then looked in each other's eyes.

We did this for a minute 'till I leaned in and so did she. Our lips were and inch away when the door opened and we pulled away. Of course its the kids.

"Ewwww! You was going to kiss!" They said at the same time.

Then they sang,"MOMMY AND DADDY,SITTING ON THE TWEE," Then they paused. "W-L-F-T-E-M-U! FIWST COME WOVE, DEN COME MAWWIAGE,DEN COME A BABY IN A BABY CAWWAIGE!!"

Then Trey alone says,"But tat not all,but tat not all,hew come a baby wit some awchohal!"

"Trey!" Summer and I both said. Then I noticed something. Did Trey call her mommy?

"Mommy,I taught we wew going to spweaking wessons." Shaya said confused.

"Oh yeah! Come on Santo,Trey is getting them too." She held my hand and we walked out the room like a happy family.

My shortest chapter ever. Just great. But it goes with the chapter. So good night or good morning!