5

LIZZIE POV

Since I only lived one street away from ShakeAway, I decided to walk.  I had my jacket tied around my waist in case it got cold. It was pretty warm though. About 75 degrees. I walked down the hot pavement in my sandals until I saw him. Standing at the main doors to ShakeAway, was Joel.

"You look pretty..." he smiled awkwardly as I approached him.

"Thanks," I smiled at the ground, "you look good too."

"Thanks... Hey, uh, do you maybe wanna skip ShakeAway and come to my house? I have a big TV, we can play video games." Joel asked nervously.

"Sure, I love video games!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"Great!" He smiled," let's go."

I followed him as we awkwardly walked down the pavement. Not speaking at all. Not that it was a bad thing, it was more of a comfortable silence.

Once we reached his house, my jaw dropped. It was huge.

"Hellllooooo? Earth to Lizzie," Joel started waving his hand in front of my face while laughing.

I smacked his hand away and laughed,"Hands away from the face."

"Okay, okay. I surrender!", he put his hands up in the air.

I messed up his hair and he screamed like a girl.

"Let's go inside", Joel laughed. I loved how whenever he laughed or smiled his cute dimples appear.

****************

We walked down the creaking stairs to his basement which smelled of fresh paint and carpet.

"Well... This is my place." He said sitting onto the brown leather sectional couch.

"So.. You just have the whole basement to yourself?" I say sitting down next to him.

"Yeah. My parents make me pay rent to live down here, but it's less then an apartment. And my foods free." He said, which made me laugh.

He grabbed a controller and turned on his xbox.