Chapter Forty Seven | Open Up

Start from the beginning

"I don't think you'd know if you're pregnant so soon, I mean it was only last night you guys did it," she replied smirking at me.

I couldn't even blush if I wanted to, I was upset with the whole situation."No, not that, I'm healing slowly recently, I want to check it out."

Payge got serious and got lost in her mind for a bit, "he usually takes things like this by appointment, so his schedule would always have space for emergencies but I'll contact him and see how soon he'd be able to see you."

I nodded and said a quick thank you.

An hour later I'd left Payge's room after hearing her rant and rave about some TV show she'd began watching and her favorite character or something died.

I didn't particularly care about what she was saying but I used the space from Payne to think.

Walking toward his bedroom door I felt bubbles flutter around in my stomach.

I knocked once and the door opened after a beat.

Payne rose a brow at me.
"I was about to come find you, thought probably you got lost in your bedroom or something," his words dripped of sarcasm and I rolled my eyes and walked past him and entered I to the room. He'd dropped the curtains so the darkness enveloped the entire place

As soon as I heard the door close behind Payne and the sweet sound of the lock I turned and hugged Payne.

He smelt so good as usual and his broad muscled built felt good against me. He bowed his head and rested his chin on top of my head, his hands around my waist.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly and I shook my head nothing.

"I have a lot on my mind right now," I said into his chest.

"Tell me?" He asked softly and I shook my head again.

He let out a huff of air and moved his arms from around me and moved.

I was left standing by the door alone and I turned to see him start to pace the room. Running his hand through his head ferociously.

I braced myself for the explosion but it never came. I couldn't bring myself to be terrified either, I could feel the waves of frustration flowing off of him. Anxiety was there too and most of all worry.

"I may not know what to say all the time but that doesn't mean you can't talk to me, didn't I tell you this before?" He cursed under his breath and stopped the pacing.

He stood there and just starred at me, then I realized what he was doing.

"Don't you dare try to get into my head" I put up a mental barrier against his intrusion and I glared at him.

A look of disbelief covered his features. "You won't tell ne what's wrong so what else do you want me to do?"

"I don't know!"

"Well neither do I Alexis!"

I couldn't tell him, I couldn't tell him what was going on, if he knew he'd be even more angry and he'd say I was wasting my time. I needed to know the truth about this. I needed to know what really happened with his father, if he truly was castrated.

I felt something!

"Payne?" His head was bowed and he stared at the floor but as he looked up his eyes turned cyrstal clear to me. "Open up."

Before he could protest I slipped through a mental door into Payne's head I felt everything around me disappear and the only focus was on Payne's past as it revealed itself to me.