I lock the door and pull up my shirt to look at the bruse on my stomach and sides. I also have one on my arm from where he grabbed me so hard. There's a bruse on my neck but I already did my best to cover it up with makeup. 

This isn't the first time he's hit me but it's definatly been the worst. A few years ago he only did minor bruises. I was smaller then and I thought he was just drunk. Now I'm not sure.

When mom or Jacob asks me about what happened I shrug and ignore them. Dad called four times on Saturday and five on Sunday. He wouldn't tell mom either. 

I wake up on Monday and skip breakfast, going on the bus with Jacob. 

"You know you can tell me anything right?" he asks. 

I don't answer. 

"Look I know things have been tense because of Avery and the party and because of dad but I'm still here." 

"Why can't you be like any other brother and not care?" I scowl at him, making him stop talking. 

I stay quiet until lunch when Avery and Claire finally break down. 

"Okay I'm done!" Avery grabs my arm and I wince, biting lip from the bruised pain. 

"Tell us why you're being like this," Claire demands. 

"Please let go," I whisper, as the both take me outside of the lunch room. 

"Why have you been so quiet," Claire crosses her arms. "You're never this quiet. Never." 

"There's nothing wrong," I gasp out. 

Avery lets go of me and I breathes out. "What are you hiding from us?" he asks. 

"N-nothing," I clench my fists. 

"Lier," Claire says simply. 

"I'm not lying," I frown, happy to see that my voice didn't shake too much. 

"Elise Warwood you tell me what the hell is going on!" 

"It's nothing," I sit at one of the benches. 

"I don't care if it's dog shit! I want to know," she frowns. 

"I really don't want to talk about it," I walk back into the cafeteria. 

Claire stops me. "I have known you for almost all of my life. We know everything about each other. Please. Tell me, I can help," she says quietly. 

I bite my lip and take off the jacket hiding my arm. I turn to the side to show her. I carefully lift my shirt to show them. 

"What happened?" 

I close my eyes and tell her the story. 

Avery's jaw clenches and he starts to walk away. I run over and grab his arm. 

"Don't do anything," I tell him. 

"So I'm just going to let this happen to you? You can't let someone hurt you and keep your mouth shut about it Elise! He abused you!" he yells. 

Big tears roll down my cheeks as I look behind me, murmurs echoing behind me. 

He runs a hand through his hair. 

He takes my hand, squeezing softly. 

I slip my hand out of his and start to walk away. 

"Elise." 

But I don't look back. I'm not really hungry and I don't really feel like talking to anyone. 

"Elise," he says again, running up to me and grabbing my arm.