Director Fury Knew All Along.

Start from the beginning

                 Sighing, I made my way towards Loki’s room, wondering why he hasn’t come out yet. “Loki,” I called as I knocked on the door. I wait a moment, then, a minute. There was no response. Panic began to settle in as I opened the door. He wasn’t here. My eyes glanced towards the bathroom door, but it was wide open and the lights were turned off. I leaned against the door frame for support, not knowing what to feel.

                     Loki’s gone.

                “Eryn!” A voice called, heavily knocking on the door. I snapped out of my trance and groaned, closing my eyes. All that heavy knocking was bringing back my migraine. I answered the door, not even glancing at Bruce and let him in.

                   “Hey, Bruce.” I mumbled my mind racing at Loki’s whereabouts. Did he leave? Why would he leave? If he did leave, then where would he go? Worry reigned over me. First, Brian and now Loki. My morning isn’t off to a good start…

                            "What's wrong, Eryn?" Bruce asked, noticing the frown on my face.

                               What's wrong? Well, I don't even know where to begin. I wanted to tell him about Loki and how I felt. I also wanted to inform him about Brian. I told him nothing, though. Instead, I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug. He immediately responded, wrapping his arms around me and placing his head on top of mine.

                              "It's alright, Eryn." He comforted, knowingly. I stilled in his hold. What was he talking about? Did he know?

                              "We'll find out where Jared and the solution went. Don't stress over it." Bruce said. I mentally sighed in relief and took a deep breath. Pulling away, I nodded. I wiped furiously at my stinging eyes, preventing the tears from coming. My heart ached at Loki's disappearance...My eyes widened. What if, whoever was after him, finally got to him?...Or...What if he went back to S.H.I.E.L.D? What if he turned himself in?

                                "Bruce, do you mind taking me to S.H.I.E.L.D?" I abruptly asked.

**

                             "I was thinking, that after this, we could hang out, just you and I. It's been awhile, and at times like these, I think its what we both need." Bruce said as we both checked in to S.H.I.E.L.D

                                I smiled faintly walking by his side. "Of course."

                                 Just as we were to enter the lab, a loud booming voice coming from the intercom interrupted us. I jumped, startled from how loud the voice was. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I wasn't.

                            "Dr. and Agent Banner, you both are requested to come to conference room...NOW!" Fury ordered through the intercom.