Chapter Ten

**THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1.2K READS ON THIS BOOK, ROSE GOLD! I never thought I would get that many reads, thank you so much!!**

A little over a week has passed since Kirstie arrived back in the USA. Avi had called her the first three days, but the two have only texted since then. Kirstie can tell that the man is depressed, and she's gotten really worried.

Kirstie woke up and texted Avi. She worked all day and even when she got home, there wasn't a text back. This worried her very much. She dailed Esther's number.

"Hello?" Esther's voice sounded into the phone.

"Hi, Esther!"

"Kirstie! What's up?"

"Have.. have you been to Avi's since I left?" Kirstie asked.

"No I haven't, why?" Esther's voice became worried.

"He hasn't called me in almost a week, his texting has become short and slow, and he hasn't texted at all today. I'm worried about him."

"Oh, that's not like my brother. He loves you, and he wouldn't ignore you like that.." Esther said. Kirstie already knew this. "I will go check on him right now. I'm sitting at home, bored, anyways."

"Thank you so much Esther!" Kirstie sighed, but not one hundred percent relieved yet.

"I'll call you when I get to his house." Esther said, and the two said their goodbyes.

Kirstie started up dinner for herself, even though she wasn't in the mood for food. She poured long spaghetti noodles into the pot of boiling water in front of her, stirring and waiting for Esther's call back.

Fifteen minutes later, Kirstie's cell phone rang. She answered it quickly on the first ring.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi, Kirstie. I'm at Avi's.." The way Esther's voice trailed away made Kirstie know something was wrong, and her breath caught in her throat as she listened carefully to Esther's next words. "He's not doing too good. He's definetely very depressed, but he hasn't hurt himself, yet." Esther whispered.

"I'm coming back." Kirstie's voice shook.

"Kirstie, you know you can't yet." Esther said sadly.

"I know! But I will find a way to come earlier, and.." A sudden thought hit Kirstie. "Has Avi harmed himself before because of depression? Has this happened before?" There was a short pause before Esther responded.

"Yes, he has." Worry clouded Kirstie's head, causing her to go dizzy and grab the kitchen counter to stable herself. "Kirstie? You ok?" Esther said after a while of Kirstie being silent.

"What's he doing right now?" Kirstie asked.

"When I arrived he was in his bed, and when I knocked on his door it was ten minutes before he opened it. I made him come out and drink a couple glasses of water.. he had been drinking alot. I started talking to him and he just started sobbing." Esther paused. "Now he's in the bathroom, throwing up." Kirstie didn't know what to say. Her heart was shattered, imagining the one she loved like this.

"I'm coming back, soon, and I'm staying. I'm moving to London very soon." Kirstie states. Esther doubts she could do it so fast, but keeps quiet.

"Esther, I'll call you tomorrow. Please stay at Avi's and don't let him do anything to himself. In fact, check on him right now." The two said their goodbyes and Kirstie finished cooking dinner, but barely ate any of it.

She snatched up her phone again and made an appointment with someone at the courthouse. She was definitely getting back to London as fast as she could.

The appointment was scheduled for the next day at noon, which means she would have to work a halfday, but that was fine.

Kirstie tried to sleep but found she couldn't. Instead, she looked over to her nightstand where her leather music journal lay. Clutching it in her hand, Kirstie swiftly opened it, taking the pen inside delicately in her fingers.

And she wrote all night.

The next morning, Kirstie slept in a little from staying up so late, and then started getting ready. She put on some light makeup and a blouse and skirt that went with it well. Then she took off to the courthouse.

She walked up the spiral staircase to the office room the front desk had told her to go to. She was greeted by an elderly asian woman and sat down in her office.

An hour later, Kirstie walked out of the courthouse, perfectly able to move back to London whenever she wanted. Which of course was going to be ASAP.

Kirstie began packing as soon as she got home from work, but she didn't have to pack much since most of her stuff was still in boxes. She put away all her kitchen stuff, some clothes and makeup she unpacked, and a few other things.

She started to pack up her bedding and small furniture before she realized - she would move in with Avi, she doesn't need this stuff. She didn't have to ask Avi to know he would want her to move in ASAP.

Picking up the phone again, she dailed one of the airport's numbers. She quickly booked a flight for the next morning, then started hauling her boxes of stuff to the post office to ship to Avi's house in London.

It was hard for Kirstie to sleep that night, but she finally drifted off. The next morning she got th bags she was bringing on the plane and stood in the doorway, looking back at her empty apartment.

She hadn't texted anyone she was leaving. Not her mom, her friends, no one in the USA. She hadn't texted anyone in London either. She knew her family and friends would be mad and confused at why she went straight back to London after seeing them only once or twice since she got back, some she hadn't even seen yet. They know about Avi and they know how in love the two are (maybe not quite how in love they are, but they know they are in love truely) but Kirstie didn't care if they got mad. She needed Avi. And she was going to him right now.

Snapping out of her transe, Kirstie slammed her apartment door and locked it, getting in her car and driving speedily to the airport.