Meet The Characters

Jake Talley – tall, brown hair with blue eyes, clever, works out a bit so is pretty well built. He’s academic, he loves reading and has interesting taste in music – loves going to concerts and plays the piano. A total dork at heart – he is obsessed with computers and gadgets, but at the same time he’s a complete ladies man. He has women wrapped around his finger – he’s smart, funny, caring... that is, until after he’s done playing with them. He has a website where he rates his ex girlfriends and generally takes the mickey out of their habits etc. He doesn’t really think long term – doesn’t see the consequences of his actions.

Zara Holmes – she’s successful and ruthless, which is why she has her own business by the age of twenty four. She doesn’t take no for an answer, but she’s actually a really nice person. She falls for Jake’s ladies man act and ends up being on his website. When Jake accidentally leaves his computer on as he goes home for the night, she sees it and is outraged. Jake is immediately sacked, and Zara threatens to sue him.

Hatty/Harriet Jensen – Hatty is a sarcastic person who has a standoffish approach to guys after she was jilted at the altar. She has brown hair and blue eyes and always looks perfect – in Jake’s eyes at least. She’s quite musical but a very creative soul – she runs an art class at a local school as well as working on several novels in her spare time. She had a guard up a lot of the time because she doesn’t want to get hurt again. But she gets close to Jake, and think she may have found “The One”. But Jake, as always, lets his fear of commitment get in the way. Has he broken her heart for good?