Sweep Me off My Feet

~First POV~

I stumbled into my house, tears streaming down my face endlessly.  I felt like complete and utter shit, mostly because I was returning home with a broken heart.

The three weeks spent in special housing went by fast, and I was a little thankful. I had begun to develop cabin-fever in the middle of our second week, and by the last day of our third week, I was so stir-crazy, I had decided to go out with some of my friends. While we were out and about, a guy had caught my attention, and it seemed I caught his also.

He had come over, bought me a drink, and chatted me up for a good three hours. By the end of the night, we had exchanged names and numbers, and he was asking me out on a date.

Brandon and I had clicked very well. He was very outdoors-y, like me. He was always talking about the way the crisp autumn air smelled when the leaves changed color, or about how a natural cold spell always seems to have a better chill than any air conditioner ever could. He and I were also huge nerds too. On the days we couldn't be found outside, you would catch us inside messing around playing video games, which was always a blast.

Four months and many many dates later, though, Brandon had suddenly left me, no explanation save for that we weren't compatible. What's worse, is that he took me out to dinner to break the news to me. It was mortifying, my heart suddenly breaking in the middle of a public restaurant, and the following tears that threatened to fall.

"I'm sorry...but we just aren't right. I think we both need to take some time and really think us through though, and maybe we can try again." he had told me, but tonight, I wasn't coming home from dinner. I was coming home from an afternoon run.

I had decided to go for a run after a light dinner, because I needed to burn off all the excess energy I had accumulated from my day. I took my normal route, deciding to stay in local neighborhoods to stay near people, as to avoid another chase from my previous assailants. As I turn the corner to another subdivision, my heart drops in my chest, and the tears prick my eyes again.

There, standing across the street, was Brandon, the guy I had nearly fallen head over heels for, and he was holding another girl by her waist. She was very pretty, though, although she didn't seem his type. She had dark, almost maroon red hair, cut short to just above her shoulders, and her green eyes were piercing me. She wore darker makeup, which suited her well, given her overall, alternative-punk style. She rocked it too, and she knew it.

Brandon stared at me with wide eyes, knowing he had been caught. He hadn't left me because we wouldn't work, he had simply left me for someone else. I almost wish he would have told me the truth though, because it would have saved me from my heart breaking all over again.

Rather than confronting him about it, I decided to continue on with my run, not letting the tears fall until I turned the corner back into my neighborhood. I ran straight to my front door, unlocking it and letting myself in hastily, before locking it behind me. I now am sinking to the floor, letting all the tears out all over again. I suddenly felt very plain, very...Mary-Sue and almost like a plain paper doll.

Was I plain? Was I too ordinary to attract any kind of male attention? I sure felt like it now. Compared to her, she's like a beautiful piece of artwork and I'm...well I'm just a white crayon. I sniffled, wiping my nose on my sleeve before I stood up, walking to the kitchen for a banana. I decided that I was going to bed, with the promise of showering in the morning. I picked up my phone, quickly getting on pesterchum and changing my mood to 'melancholy' before plugging it in and changing into some pajamas and heading to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Hal POV~

I was scrolling through my images when pesterchum dinged, alerting me that someone had changed their mood status. I quickly glance at it, thinking nothing of it, but I stopped when I recognized her chumhandle.