Chapter Sixteen

Ewan carried the sleeping Argo back to her house, and laid her down on to her bed. Reaching down he covered her with a blanket. They'd made love twice more before they'd bathed together in the flowing river. After drying in the grass, Argo had cuddled close to him trustingly and had gone to sleep.

Now as he stared at her sleeping face with her fist curled next to her swollen lips he couldn't help feel the gentle swell of love in his heart. Leaving the room, he sent one more glance to Argo's sleeping face before he mwalked out.

Closing the door behind him he tensed when he found himself faced with Bellamy. He was still dressed in a formal suit. His amber eye's glowed in the dark hallway.

"Your scent permeates from her." Bellamy voice was low, he quirked his lips. "My wife won't be exactly happy with this outcome."

Feigning ignorance, Ewan straightened his chin rising. "I don't understand exactly what you mean."

Bellamy stared at him silently for a beat, before with sudden laughter he stepped forward and placed a hand on Ewan's shoulder. "I'm sure you don't, but I should warn you. Your people aren't the only one's after this family's wealth, nor will they be the last." With one final pat, Bellamy left Ewan looking after him.

Ewan frowned if he was honest with himself his desire for the Bellamy wealth had taken a back seat to his desire for Argo. Yet, if what Bellamy said meant he had a clue about Ewan initial plans the man seemed awfully unconcerned about it.

This made Ewan confused as well as suspicious leaving the main house, he continued thinking about the Strange message Bellamy had given him.

**

"Wake up."

The voice was sharp and cold, Argo shifted and lifted a hand to her forehead she blinked. Trying to clear the sleep from her eyes.

Standing over her was her mother, Corrad chilly gaze swept over her nude body. "I would think you'd be more eager for your wedding day. You fairly stink of the man."

Slowly lifting herself up into a sitting position. Argo eyes widened as she slowly came to realize that not only was today her wedding day, but that there was a crew of people in her room. Grabbing the edge of her blanket she jerked it up to cover her nudity.

"What?!" She blinked at them, before turning her wide eyed stare to her mother who simply sneered at her.

"Get up and shower." Corra walked over to bedroom door, "Your in-laws are here to."

Letting out a groan, Argo threw the covers off her body and jumped out of her bed. And slumped her way towards the bathroom.

After taking a shower, she was grabbed and forced into a chair. The makeup artist and hair dresser both hmm'ed yanking and pulling at her. She didn't bother saying anything about the occasional twinge in her hips and thighs when they forced her to stand and spin.

She could only flush, holding her secret night to her chest.

They put her in a simple white dress that stopped above her knees. She would greet her in-laws and the guest in this dress. Her hair had been straightened and laid around her face in waves. She wore lacy gloves and ivory heels that had been forcibly attached to her feet.

Staring at her reflection she wasn't sure if it was really her.

"Argo?"

Hearing her name being called gently, she turned around and couldn't help the small smile that came to her lips at the sight of Ewan in a suit.

His eyes shone with approval as he eyes looked over her body. Feeling shy she lowered her eyes, "How do I look?"

He stepped forward into the room, and took her hand in his lifting it to his lips. "Beautiful," He whispered before he pressed his lips to the back of her hand.