Chapter 1: The First Meeting

Nandini's POV:

Tick tock tick tock, the clock on the wall showed 5:35. It had been exactly 30 minutes since we were in line at the bookstore. Apparently there's some technical problem with their systems, today of all the days and since there was a huge sale, the crowd was huge. Jeez, I didn't know so many people would turn up!

"Arre yaar! Aur kitna time lagega?" whined Navya, my best friend, whom I'd unwillingly dragged out to this little bookstore.

She didn't want to waste her Saturday afternoon standing in line. Well, neither did I.

Even though it had been just 30 minutes, it felt like hours. I was bored and tired of waiting. Navya was no help either with her constant complaints, which was starting to get on my nerves.

I started to look around the store, like I'd done so even few minutes. But this time I noticed something different. There was this guy standing a little far behind us. I'm pretty sure he wasn't there before, because I think I would remember seeing a guy like that.

To say he was good looking would be an understatement! He was tall, possibly 6ft, and muscular . His jet black hair fell on his face, giving him a messy yet super hot look. He was dressed in jeans, white tee and a black jacket. Classic!

He had a sort of bad boy look going on, which made him stand out of place. I couldn't take me eyes off of him. I wanted to run my hands through his black locks. Wait, kya??!

I was still looking, well staring, at him, when I saw a pair of eyes meet mine. Eeks!! He saw me! I felt a blush creeping up on my cheeks and I looked away immediately. But the damage was already done.

I wanted to disappear into thin air, but curiosity got the best of me. I dared myself to look back at him and he was still looking at me. Only this time, his lips were curved into a smirk. I wonder what would his lips taste like..

Aiyappaa!! Yeh kya hogaya hai mujhe.. Kya kya soch rahi hoon me!! Uffff!! Pagal ho rahi hoon.. I inhaled a deep breath to calm my inner turmoil. Relax Nandu; wo khon hai thumhe patha bhi nahi.

Somehow that did more than calm me down. I was feeling downright bold. He was a stranger from God knows where.

"Ab dekhi liya hai tho chupna kyu?", I thought as I looked at him with a grin.

A few minutes of fun and I was already hooked. Smiling, grinning, a few winks here and there and his smirk that made my knees go weak.

"Nandu, kaha kho gayi tum?" It wasn't until Navya tapped my shoulder that I realized that we were at the checkout counter. I paid for my books and it was time to leave. I didn't want to. I wanted to stay here.

O God! Shut up Nandini! I yelled at myself. As if woh thumhe yaad karega. I sighed

Chalo. Akhir jaana padega. Kaash phirse milpaathe.

"Nandini! Chalo na! ", Navya pulled me away.

I gave him one last flirty smile before I walked out of the store and out of his life.......

Or so I thought............