Ch. 11: Trish Trouble

Start from the beginning

I nod. "So why were you looking for me?" I asked changing the subject.

"I was hoping that we could maybe work on a new song."

I looked at my watch. My break was over. "Sorry Austin, but I have to work." I groaned. I really wanted to hang out with him.

"Oh, I understand." Austin said.

"It's not busy right now though, so I can talk." I say.

He nodded and sat on the counter. We both enjoyed just being together.

"So what do you think Trish was trying to tell you?" Asked Austin.

"I honestly have no idea." I sighed.

There was no reply. The doorbell jingled signaling that someone had entered. I glanced at the door to see Dez walking in.

"Hey guys, what's wrong with Trish? I just saw her running down the sidewalk crying." He said cluelessly.

"What!" I said concerned.

"Yeah, I think she was heading home." Dez informed me.

I glanced at Austin, "Austin I really need to go comfort Trish, can you watch the store until so get back?" I pleaded.

"Anything for you Ally, Trish needs you, go ahead." He said giving me a quick hug.

I hugged him back, "Thanks Austin." I said and grabbed my bag. I dashed out the door and ran to Trish's house, it wasn't that far from me so I didn't need to drive.

I knocked on her door but no one answered. Her parents must be at work and she must be in her room. I tried calling her but she didn't answer. I was getting more and more worried about her.

I really didn't want to just invite myself into her house but I really needed to talk to her. I opened the door which was unlocked. I felt a little guilty at first, but that went away because my thoughts turned back to Trish.

I walked up the stairs to her room and knocked on her door.

"Trish...can we talk?" I asked nicely. I pressed my ear against the door and heard sobbing. Oh Trish...

"Trish please?" I asked again.

I waited for her to let me in.

"Trish please let me in or I'll let myself in!" I warned. Wow I was turning into Trish...

She finally opened the door. "Trish!" I almost screamed. "What's the matter? Please tell me." I begged.

We both sat down on her bed. She shifted uncomfortably starring at her feet.

"Trish? I hate seeing you sad." I said. "Please tell me what's wrong, I can help." I assured her.

"No you can't!" She snapped.

My mouth gaped open slightly, taken aback by her tone.

"Trish, please...I'm your friend...your best friend. You can tell me anything." I said forgetting her last sentence.

"Go away." She hissed not even looking a me.

"Trish, I can't leave you here like this. Now spill!" I demanded.

She frowned at me, "Ally, you don't scare me. Now please, I want to be alone." She said this time kindly.

I sighed. "Fine." I frowned, "But I will be back. I won't let you live so sadly."

She said nothing and I quietly left. I am just so confused. Why was so she doing this? She was about to tell me before. What could possibly be wrong?