"Uh.."I mocked."Don't uh me. Get back in that hospital bed August and I'm not kidding around."

"And I'm not kidding around."He mocked me childishly."You gon' make a good mama."

"Shh."I turned the volume down."Not so loud August. No one knows, remember?"

"Well turn da' volume down then smart ass."

"Shut up. But seriously August, why haven't you gone back to the hospital?"

"Uh,"He rubbed his chin,"I'm jus' enjoyin' da' fresh air."

"Auuugust.."I warned.

"What? It's da' truth. I'm takin' flight. I'm embracin' this earth I been deprived of fa' three months. Let me live woman."He joked.

"Don't joke around. You could get into some serious trouble."

"I ain't gon' get in no trouble cause I'm headin' up thea' na'."

"You promise."

"Promise."He glanced at me then back to the road."You had some sickness on da' plane?"

"A little. I handled it pretty well though. Didn't get as much sleep as I wish I had."

"How come?"

"Uh, it was only three hours and some kid kept kicking the back of my seat. His mom needed to beat his ass."I rolled my eyes.

"Damn."He chuckled.

"What?"

"I thought you would be da' parent ta' say kids shouldn't get beat. I'm glad we on da' same page."

"Eh, I feel like discipline is necessary. Otherwise we'll have a disrespectful child running around here and I'm just not for it. Mm-mm. No sir."I shook my head.

"You be disrespectful, you get dat ass beat huh mama?"

"That's right."I nodded."No bay-bay kids around here. No, no, no."

He laughed."You crazy man."

"I'm serious August and you need to take it serious too."I laughed while pushing a piece of hair out of my face."We have six more months to go, if that."

"If that?"

"Premature."I whispered then cleared my throat."That isn't a bad thing but we're shooting for a completely healthy baby. Once I have her I don't want her being in the hospital longer than what she needs to be."

"Damn. This really happenin'."

"Yeah."I nodded."You saw it on the ultrasound. Our little princess in there."

"Mhm. Ha' big head ass gon' drive me nuts, mark my words."

"Hey!"I smiled."Don't pick on her head. It's your fault."

"Mm. I did do most of da' work huh?"He smirked at me.

"Don't steal my credit, these thunder thighs aren't here for nothing. And pay attention to that road."

"Yes ma'am."He looked back to the road."But speakin' of da' road, lemme text you lata'. I'm comin' up on da' bridge."

"Okay. Bye, I love you."I waved.

"I luh you too."He puckered his lips to the camera before it hung up. The minute it did May and June climbed on to the bed.

"Oops, too late. Daddy's off the phone."I giggled.

*

*

*

London.