Chapter 27

Chapter 27.

April.

"I'm still pissed with you."I mumbled while twisting August's hair in my finger.

"You'a get ova' it."He smirked, checking around our surroundings.

Not only am I upset because he's shipping me off to be babysat in New York, but because he snuck out of the hospital today to drive us to the airport. Because of this he could get into some serious trouble, which can also jeopardize his new case against the prison in court. He thinks this so called 'disguise', aka glasses, a hat, & twists, will help him.

"Shut up."I yanked his chin hair.

"Aye man, chill da' fuck out."He groaned rubbing his sore chin.

"Aye man, chill the fuck out."I mocked before folding my arms across my chest.

He surprised me when he yanked my bun at the top of my hand, causing it to fall into a ponytail.

"August!"I hit his shoulder."Cut it out! You know it took me a long time to get it!"

"Well keep ya' fuckin' hands ta' ya'self! Now I want my lick back."He argued.

"Don't fucking touch me or I'll punch you in the face and I'm not even kidding."I frowned at him.

"You really gon' act like dat?"

I ignored him by quickly turning to stare out of the window of his truck. I heard him sigh heavily right before Lance and London's house door opened. I could hear them arguing through my shut window.

"Shut the fuck up and hand me my glasses!"London yelled.

"I ain't got cha' damn glasses One Blind Mice."

"Fuck with me today Lance, I dare you. I'm not fuckin' for it!"She yanked something out of his hand."And put this fuckin' blunt down dumb ass. Didn't I tell you not to get gassed before we leave?"

"I'm not no chil' of yours,"He tapped his finger on her forehead,"don't be fuckin' yankin' no shit outta my hand befo' I fuck you clean da' fuck up."

"Bitch do it and watch how I murder your dumb ass. Do it, son."London nodded.

"Soundin' plum fuckin' stupid."He scoffed while opening the back door."Wazzam yall."

"Hey."I mumbled.

"Sup."August nodded. He pressed a button for the back of the truck to open."Y'all could put cha'll stuff back thea'."

"Aight, coo'."He shut the door again.

August and I shared a look after they went towards the back of the truck before I turned back to the window. I felt him grab my hand that was sat on the console, gently giving it a squeeze. We didn't have to say anything to know what the both of us were thinking.

We never wanted to argue like that.

My phone vibrated in my lap so I picked it up.

From: Snookums❤️😘
Sorry. -1:00pm

To: Snookums❤️😘
Me too. -1:00pm

I blushed and sat my phone back down in my lap. The back doors of the truck opened and closed as both Lance & London hopped in. August asked if they needed anything else and after they said no we pulled away from their home.

"So, yo' ass snuck out da' hospital huh?"Lance snickered to August.

"Yeah."August chuckled."I left fast a mothafucka' too. Only person who know i'mma be gon' fa' a lil minute is Dr.Swan. He locked my door though so it's good."