Chapter 28

Chapter 28.

Lance.

"You straight?"I turned ta' look at London.

"Good."She looked outta da' taxi window.

It was round six o'clock and we had jus' left from JFK International. I paid a taxi ta' take us ta' da' hotel in Queens, LaGuardia or sumn like dat, but he said he knew what I was talkin' bout so he took us thea'. Da' ride was only bout twenty minutes so I was surprised ta' see April knocked out sleep inna front seat.

"I got her and the puppies. You get the stuff."London tol' me, gettin' da' puppies cages.

I got out and went ta' da' trunk ta' grab our luggage. A bell nigga came out ta' assist me, puttin' our stuff on da' lil cart.

"Did you make reservations already?"Da' front desk lady asked afta' we all walked up ta' ha'.

"Yeah. Look unda' Carver."

"Last name?"She questioned.

"That is his last name."London rolled ha' eyes.

"Oh. Sorry."She frowned."First name?"

"Lance."I answered.

"Ah, okay. You have the two combined suites?"

"Mhm."I nodded.

"With room service?"

"Uh, yeah I guess."I shrugged.

"And would you like-"

"Can we please just get the keys?"April made everybody flinch when she yelled.

"Sure. Here."Da' white lady smiled, handing us our keys."Sorry again."

"No problem. They jus' need a la' nap."I waved ha' off.

April led da' way afta' I tol' ha' what flo' and room numba' we was on. She caught us a elevator and we all got on. It was quiet besides May & June movin' around in they cages. I figured April was quiet cause she was ti'ed.

I knew why London was quiet though. 1) Cause she aggravated wit' me and 2) cause she back home. Da' one place she swo' she would neva' come back ta'. It's not my place ta' give details of what happened but I know from what she tol' me in da' past dat this was a hard decision ta' make.

But outta da' kindness of ha' lil bitty heart, she did this fa' our nigga Aug. And even though she'ca drive me crazy sometimes, I stand behind ha' 100%. So if she wanted ta' be hea', i'a be hea' right wit' ha'.

*

*

*
April.

"We're right next door if you need us."London said from the conjoined door.

"Okay."I yawned and snatched the cover from the bed. I quickly climbed in as she shut the door behind her, dividing the three of us. The door split in the middle of our rooms so if I wanted to walk in their room all I had to do was twist that knob.

I won't though. Only God knows what I might walk into.

Just as I shut my eyes to get some sleep my phone began to ring. I groaned and took it out of my jacket pocket to answer.

Noticing it was a FaceTime call from August I sat up.

"Get your phone back and don't know how to act?"I teased with a smirk.

"Sumn like dat."He chuckled."You inside?"

"Yes, and why aren't you?"I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Uh.."He dragged.