Chapter 1

I let my head hit the window of the car as I was too tired to hold myself. My parents were both quiet, staring only at the road ahead. The only sound that could be heard was the murmur of voices from the radio. I stared at my reflection in the window; my blue eyes were weary and tired, my blond hair disheveled against the glass, my skin was paler than usual. I was not in my best shape.

Really how could I be when out of nowhere your parents tell you that you are being deported to some unknown small village in England. I was being snatched from my own home by my own parents, how ironic. I was being compelled to leave the life I had since I was born and my close friends. I was never a calm person and when this bomb dropped on me, I did not suppress my anger. I felt betrayed and came close to being broken. I felt like I was losing my bearings. I was given no real explanation; I was just being pushed into an unknown life. I closed my eyes, remembering how I reacted to this crazy ordeal.

"What has gotten into both of you!" I yelled at my parents as I tried to grasp the gravity of what they were throwing at me.

"Deidre calm down. Please trust us on this. We are doing this for your own good." My mother tried to reason me but I was lost in my thoughts, having a mental breakdown. I stared at them as if they were complete strangers, my lower lip trembling with anger and sadness. I was being snatched from my life and the only thing I got was 'trust us'.

"We'll reach in a few baby" my mother said, bringing me back to reality. I made eye contact with my father in the rear view mirror. His eyes held helplessness, regret and a hint of fear while mine were burning in anger. I was puzzled as to why did he seem anxious deep down.

His eyes shifted back to the road and I took in my surroundings. The road was lined with huge pine trees which was the start of the forest. Bright stars filled the sky. They seemed to glow more fiercely here.

I pressed the button and the window slid all the way down. I laid my head on my arm gazing outside, the wind ruffling my hair and took a deep breath of the fresh air mixed with the scent of pines. I loved the smell of the forest, nature itself.

It was a full moon today. Tall trees, a sky with some apparent clouds, the full moon among the stars; the sight was heavenly, strangely appeasing.

My eyes slightly widened as I saw a shadow amongst the trees. I lifted my head to have a better look. I again saw that shadow of something running. We soon entered the thick forest, still on the concrete road. I kept staring at the forest strangely. For a moment it did feel like someone was watching. It could have been a deer for all I knew. But deers are not that big, neither do they run like that. Sighing, I shrugged it off and laid against my seat.

We soon entered the village named Balmoral. It seemed deserted. Houses started filling up my view, some seemingly built in the Middle Ages. It was an interesting sight, especially since they were still intact. I slumped further in my seat as I realized that I was stuck in a hole away from civilization.

But as we approached the centre of the village, I actually heaved a sigh of relief. The streets were filled with some random people strolling about or having late night dinner. Shops were still open including clothing stores and oh my, a café. The smell of freshly cooking bread wafted to my nose as we passed the bakery and I inhaled deeply. My stomach growled in response, craving food.

Dad took a road leading away from the center of the village to one surrounded by tall trees again, the beginning of another patch of forest.

Well my aunt really did stay in a hole. She was my mother's elder sister. I have met her only a few times when she visited us home back in London and that too I was still a child.

The abrupt stop of the car pulled me out of my thoughts. We were in front of a decent sized house. Illuminated by the lights outside and the full moon, it was a beautiful modern Victorian beige house covered in deep red shingles. White pillars stood at its corners and on either sides of the honey-colored wooden front door. The house was surrounded by the thick forest which made it look even more splendid with a mystical vibe.

I felt a chill run down my spine, making hairs on my arms stand. I instinctively held my arms in an attempt to stop the chills, fixing the dark woods. Again, it felt like I was being watched. Now I was starting to freak out. Was I being paranoid and thinking too much into this?

I averted my eyes from the woods, dismissing these thoughts as being a product of my overly tired state. I picked up my suitcases which my father must have removed from the car while I was being a little crazy in the head. I slid both suitcases' handles up, pulling them with me while my parents locked the car.

Even though I was going to stay here for a while for god knows why, I could only bring limited items with me, hence why only two suitcases. The rest will be sent to me by my parents when they returned home.

I sighed thinking about my home and my friends whom I left. I would have to start everything from zero. What a doomed life really.

I pressed the doorbell, anxiously waiting for my aunt to open the door. The clicking of heels of someone running could be heard. The door flew open with a sharp push, bounced against the wall and I was engulfed in a suffocating hug of my presumably aunt, orange hair blocking my view.

"Dei my little baby!" It felt weird to be called by a nickname when I barely even knew her.

She held me at arm's length inspecting me from head to toe. Her eyes stopped at my boobs for awhile before shifting back to mine. I greeted her with a polite tight-lipped smile.

"You've grown into a beautiful lady huh", she said wriggling her eyebrows at me. "You're 20 now right?"

I nodded at her as I myself took in her wavy dark orange hair and green emerald eyes. Since when was she a red head? Damn it was weird how genes worked. The only thing she had in common with my mother was perhaps their noses. I tried to remember her physical appearance when she used to come home. All I got was blurred faces and memories. Sarah wore a long purple dress that reached the floor, cinched at her waist. The upper part of the dress was filled with silver sparkling embellished stones. She was a stunning woman.

"Hello Aunt Sarah, how are you?"

"My, that's a voice I haven't heard since a long time" she giggled. Looking past me she waved excitedly at my parents.

She nudged my arm, "Come in Deidre, don't be shy."

____________________________________

Hi people, so I started writing this story years back and its a shame I never got to actually finish it. I am now continuing this book, I hope you stay for the rest of the ride.
Thanks ya'all :)