Chapter 27 - Youth Group

I went home automatically and told Ashton that it was our youth group. We were going to both go, with Bronx, Harper, and Adelaide, to see Jean and Patrick again.

*Kaely's POV*

I walked into the house, and I was greeted by a nice lady that looked to be around sixty.

"Hi," she smiled at me, "you must be new here. I don't exactly recognize that beautiful smile."

"I'm Kaely," I told her. She half-gasped, but turned around to find her husband. She called for him, and he walked over to us.

"Patrick, this is Kaely," the woman gestured towards me before introducing herself, "I'm Jean by the way. This is my husband Patrick."

"Nice to meet you two," I looked at both of them. Patrick smiled and asked, "do you know Christ?"

"Definitely," I nodded, "I've grown up in a Christian home. I was baptized at twelve, and we go to church every Sunday."

Patrick nodded, "That's great. Well, welcome to the Loved Youth Group. We get the name from Romans 5:8, 'You are loved more than you will ever know by someone who died to know you.'"

"I love that verse," I told him.

"So do we. Go ahead and sit down in there we'll have everyone introduce themselves," Jean pointed into the living room.

*Jean's POV*

"Patrick.." I whispered after Kaely had gone into the living room. He looked at me, as if to ask me what I was going to say. I continued, "that's Chloe's daughter. Chloe Walters? She came here about ten years ago."

"I remember her. I don't know how I could forget her. She's an amazing girl, and she has a beautiful daughter," Patrick looked at me, smiling.

"I remember Ashton too. They were engaged before they were out of high school."

"Yes, I do remember that now. And Ashton was such a great kid as well."

We walked into the living room where we had Kaely introduce herself and had the other kids introduce themselves.

"I'm Kaely Irwin," Kaely began. Patrick and I looked at each other, smiling. Chloe and Ashton must've gotten married, and Kaely took Ashton's last name.

------

*Chloe's POV*

When it was time to pick Kaely up from youth group, Ashton and I got Bronx in his 'big boy car seat' as he calls it. Harper was put in her seat, and Adelaide was put in her baby car seat. Ashton and I got in the front, and we left the house.

Halfway through the car ride, Adelaide started to cry a little. Harper exclaimed, "mummy! Addie is crying!"

"I know, sweetie. Just give her her binky that's attached to her shirt," I told Harper, and I watched her put the binky into Adelaide's mouth. She stopped crying.

"Good," I smiled, turning back around.

Ashton still remembered how to get to Jean and Patrick's house. I couldn't believe it had been over ten years since we had been here.

When we pulled in the driveway, I had Ashton get Adelaide's seat out and carry her in while I helped Bronx and Harper get unbuckled.

Harper and Bronx ran towards the door, where Ashton was standing and waiting for me. I closed the car door and walked up to the door before we all walked in.

There weren't many kids still there. Kaely was in the middle of playing a game with some of the other kids. Jean came up to us and smiled, "well.. If it isn't the Irwin clan.."

I laughed, "that's us." I gave her a hug and smiled at Patrick as he walked up to us. I gave him a hug too. Ashton gave both of them hugs before just beginning to talk to them. Harper and Bronx were looking up at them, smiling. Ashton had gotten Adelaide out of her carrier.

"Four kids now, huh?" Jean smiled. I decided to tell her.

"I'm pregnant with our fifth," I whispered. Ashton didn't hear, and neither did anyone else.

"That's great," she exclaimed, grabbing Adelaide from Ashton and smiling at Addie.

"She's beautiful," Jean took a closer look at Addie, "what's her name?"

"Adelaide," I told her. Jean smiled at Addie, "hi."

"Hi," Adelaide smiled back.

"How old is she?" Jean asked. Adelaide held up one finger.

"She's one now, yeah. Her birthday is November 20," I explained. Jean nodded.

"I'm Harper," Harper looked at Jean, "Harper Jade."

"Well, hello Harper Jade," Jean crouched down to Harper's height. Jean looked up to me, asking if it was okay if she put Adelaide down. I nodded, and Adelaide ran over to Kaely.

Bronx introduced himself to both Jean and Patrick. Ashton smiled at me, "this is great, seeing them again. I'm glad Kaely's coming to this youth group."

"Me too," I nodded, then watched as Kaely walked over to us, holding Adelaide.

"Wait a minute.." Kaely looked at us and thought for a minute, "isn't this the youth group we came to when I was little?"

"It is," I smiled at her. Kaely seemed really happy. She told Jean and Patrick that she remembered them. They told her they knew who she was right away.